Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Godsmack"

Headlights are from a 20's something Essex .... My buddy scored them for me, believe it or not 20 bucks at some small local cruise. Mounting location is probably going to be low next to and forward a bit of the radiator.....I'm not going wide whites, but I will get my wheels coated to imitate that dow7 (gold/bronze hue) coating from the sixties to make them look like the magnesium wheels.....I believe that it should compliment the green (fathom green '69 Camaro) on the car now

Headlights are from a 20's something Essex .... My buddy scored them for me, believe it or not 20 bucks at some small local cruise. Mounting location is probably going to be low next to and forward a bit of the radiator.....I'm not going wide whites, but I will get my wheels coated to imitate that dow7 (gold/bronze hue) coating from the sixties to make them look like the magnesium wheels.....I believe that it should compliment the green (fathom green '69 Camaro) on the car now
If the last two pictures are what you're planning for the final look, I say, BRING IT ON! That is one very cool ride.

Jim

Got a few hours of work in today ..... Just mocking parts in and discovering problems....so far so good, I need to re work shock mount, and I need to order drop arms to hide the tie rod behind the axle. I need to clearance the upper arm a little bit around speedways upper spindle zerk fitting. Other than that, everything went relatively smoothly....onto the pictures

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looking good!

Two more pieces of the puzzle....700r4 with some goodies in it. Also, picked up my 9" from my buddie, she looks bare and a little rough now. However, axles, drums and everything else are at school. I have to grab them Monday and put rear together so I can order my tires and wheels...I wanna just make sure I know my back spacing is right before I order. Tires need to clear the body. Now onto the pics

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Little update..... my buddy ran across a good deal on a Wilwood rear disc brake kit and I I bought it. However, that means I couldn't 15s in the rear so stepped up to 16x10s..... Tires and wheels are on order so I can dial in measurement for rear housing, one day and one step closer

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nothing like coming home from the first day of school and finding the big brown truck stopped by. I will let pictures speak for themselves. I'm ordering my rear tomorrow. The housing I have is a shade to short and I want to avoid running spacers at all cost. I got my steering all straightened out onto figure out the routing brake lines.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Perfect.

Got a few minutes to play tonight, man this thing sits low. Everything is just mocked up. Went big time tonight and ordered a Currie 9". 62" wms-wms to clear the body. Pitman arm is too low/long I need to find a shorter arm, anybody got any ideas? I'll be searching the web tonight to see what I can find.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

You need the length for leverage. What about turning it over? Can the steering box be reversed?

If I turn over pitman arm it hits the frame, I don't believe I can reverse the box. More research to be done..... Thank you for the suggestion. Creative problems just need creative solutions. Thanks again

Think I might have figured it out, it just hit me. Ran out to garage, to take a quick look. Looks like if I move mount holes over a bit (I have room) that spaces box over far enough to flip pitman without hitting the frame. Need to sit down and really look at it. From a looks and safety standpoint I'd perfer it flipped. Hopefully this weekend I can get this straightened out

There is a T in the Tulsa area, that the Pitman arm only clears the ground by a couple of inches. One of these days it will be "Right Turn Clyde" when he don't want to turn right.

No doubt I am very aware of scrub line... I'm hoping to get some time tomorrow to dive into this problem. Worse comes to worse I'll mock up my engine and headers and re mount it above the frame. I like the box hidden but safety trumps looks any day. This car will be driven

I have not found PA roads to be in harmony with low LOL. Perhaps the roads are better down there in your neck of the woods. Lookin' Good

Only good ride is a safe ride. Make safety number one. The last thing we want, is another T bucket for sale by owners Widow.

Sorry for the lack of updates but with the college hockey season (i coach mens ice hockey at Marist college), and my big boy job, time has been at a premium. on to a teaser pic, more to follow.
IMG_2357.jpg

Rule number 11 of Zombieland: enjoy the little things. I scored a visor today for 20 bucks. I'm stoked! In my opinion changes look of the car. Also was able to start laying the ground work for assembling the the rear. Slight change of plans, going to run 3.90s in the rear with a true trac.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back