Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Golden Goblin (Swedish build)

HotRodSwede

So, here are some pics of my project.
Built it from scratch, frame included.

Chevy 350 with mild cam, ported 305 heads, Assault intake and a Holley 650 to top it off.
Trans is a TH700R4, and a ´57 Chevy rear end hanged with a K-link.
4 link in the front.
Vega steering box with cross steer.
Disc brakes all around, MC and booster under the frame.

Left to do is brakes and interior basically.

Pics are from three different times in the build.

Let me know what you guys think, this is my first bucket build. :)

2nbu0eg.jpg

6tjryc.jpg

2hqx72u.jpg

Looks awesome, Swede! :thumbsup: Love the 'flake. Just curious: did you do the porting on the 305 heads? What is the compression ratio?

Really liking the paint scheme.

I like that dash, that design would be easy to work on. To work on mine I have to
completely remove it from the body. I've never seen a TBucket with a glove box,
that would be helpful.

Looks 60's for sure, great look. Go ahead and give me some idea of the interior color, green, gold, metallic, etc.

Thank you for all of the kind words! :)

I did the porting myself, but have'nt checked the ratio to be honest.
Have to do that sometime.

The dash is made of 1,3mm (have no idea what the corresponding gauge is) steel sheet, and a lot of elbow grease.
The glove box it self is also steel.
Just welded a box.

The interior has me stomped tbh.
Cannot find a good fake leather green to match the car.
Thinking about tuck n roll interior.
Black and lime with gold stitching.

There is a green and gold metalflake vinyl, Google is your friend

I like that dash, that design would be easy to work on. To work on mine I have to
completely remove it from the body. I've never seen a TBucket with a glove box,
that would be helpful.
I built a glove compartment into mine under the drivers side seat riser. From experience, I always seem to have a arm load of stuff...cell phone, self defense device, wallet, keys, iPod, jacket... and I don't like having my pockets full when driving or having stuff sliding around on the seat. I tried to implement it in the dash, but to actually see the gauges, I had to place them in the center and right side and the brackets for my steering column also played into the plan... the real estate behind the dash is a real limited commodity. There are some good parts options available from boat supply places. I found nice stainless hinges and locking latches from them.

I had to place them in the center and right side and the brackets for my steering column also played into the plan... the real estate behind the dash is a real limited commodity.
I've got two 4 inch, six 2-1/4 inch and one 2-1/8 inch clock, so my dash is pretty crowded.
Might be able to hang a glove box underneath the dash on the right side. Would be very
nice to have some storage.

FP07_Dash&Gauges_6105.jpg

I've got two 4 inch, six 2-1/4 inch and one 2-1/8 inch clock, so my dash is pretty crowded.
Might be able to hang a glove box underneath the dash on the right side. Would be very
nice to have some storage.

View attachment 14499
Even a tray to put stuff on. I thought about doing that, but I had space under the seat. storage is a premium on these cars.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back