Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got started today

Satori

I probably went about it a little backwards, but I ordered my motor and transmission today. I'll be calling Spirit tomorrow to order a '23 Deluxe Body Super Kit. :)

I went with a crate motor from Summit. It's a 383 Stroker long block, dressed. It's listed at 405 HP and 440 ft/lbs torque. The tranny is a TCI Streetfighter TH350. The motor comes with a normal intake manifold and a single 4 bbl, but I also ordered a tunnel ram with dual quads. I'll also get a cam kit. I plan to run the motor the way it comes until it's broken in, then add the tunnel ram set up and cam. I know they can be tricky to dial in and I don't want to do that to a new motor. (have it running rough while adjusting the dual quads)

I'm really looking forward to building this! :cool:

Anyone know what the lead time is from the time you order the Spirit kit until delivery?

Mike

I would have to say you went the right route then motor and trans mount will be right .

You r the man way to hit the ground runnin. Did i say runnin i ment Flyin. WOW .

I had a dual quad setup on my 409 engine, that was a snap, because the front carb had no idelling circuit at all, it sealed up completely until the throttle was opened about better than half way.. a very easy set up to maintain.. If I were to have another I myself would use those carbs and linkage, Just my thoughts on easy... Sounds like you are going first class.. Good luck with your build... Ted

Looks like I'm all set. I just completed the order of the Spirit kit. Nothing to do now but wait for parts to start rolling in. He said it would probably take about 3 weeks for delivery of the kit.

Good for u just in time for summer . Nothin like a good old hotrod project to fill you afternoons and weekends. And believe me i mean FILL. You have a great speed shop in pheonix SO-Cal . My uncle lives in Mesa and we were there in jan and i purchased several items there. Man i cant wait for u to start posting pics . LETS Get Started!!!

:funmeter2:

Make sure you have someone taking pictures of you opening all those boxes. You'll look like a kid on Christmas morning. Also, put together a build photo album on photobucket or another free hosting site, then we can all share in your hapiness.

Satori said:
Looks like I'm all set. I just completed the order of the Spirit kit. Nothing to do now but wait for parts to start rolling in. He said it would probably take about 3 weeks for delivery of the kit.

COOOL! Everytime you hear a truck, you'll be looking out of your window!:lol:

Rooster, I don't make it to Phoenix much. It's three hours away and way too crowded. :lol:

LunenAl, I considered an overdrive transmission, but I think I'll try out the turbo 350 for now. Hope I don't hate it because I'll be stuck with it for a while.

Todd, I always take lots of pictures of my projects. :lol:

tfeverfred, at least they'll have the courtesy to call before delivery so I won't have to drive myself nuts with that in the mean time!

I was living here and I vaguely remember hearing about it. I've had to spend much of the last four years in Tucson though during my wife's ilness, so that's probably why I missed it. Sounds like it would have been a blast though.

It was, even the hard luck trophy :)

I got my ship notification for my motor and tranny from Summit. They'll be here Monday. :)

I haven't had freight like this delivered to my house before so I don't know how it works when the truck gets here. Will they be able to back it up my driveway and drop it close to the garage, or will they only be able to drop it in the street?

Satori said:
I got my ship notification for my motor and tranny from Summit. They'll be here Monday. :)

I haven't had freight like this delivered to my house before so I don't know how it works when the truck gets here. Will they be able to back it up my driveway and drop it close to the garage, or will they only be able to drop it in the street?
If you dont have a Hi-Lo you wont get the engine.They have no way of getting it off the truck.:sad:

Satori said:
Seriously? Is a Hi-lo a forklift?
Unless you eat ALOT for breakfast.That motor comes on a pallet and is covered in cardboard.Prolly aroung 4 or 5 hundred pounds.

Rick said:
Unless you eat ALOT for breakfast.That motor comes on a pallet and is covered in cardboard.Prolly aroung 4 or 5 hundred pounds.

The tracking info says 540 lbs.

I guess I assumed that when they gave the option to ship to a residence for an extra ten bucks, they would be able to unload it. There wasn't any disclaimer saying otherwise. I guess I'll wait until they call to schedule the delivery so I can find out what I need to do.

Thanks for the heads up.

Satori said:
The tracking info says 540 lbs.

I guess I assumed that when they gave the option to ship to a residence for an extra ten bucks, they would be able to unload it. There wasn't any disclaimer saying otherwise. I guess I'll wait until they call to schedule the delivery so I can find out what I need to do.

Thanks for the heads up.
Call them back and find out exactly how they ship it you'll find out it's the way i said.You could get a cherry picker but the drivers want to get out and go home early real pains they are.It should come around 4 or 5 in the after noon.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back