Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got started today

Duke said:
Hey, look at this way, you had a 50/50 chance of getting it right. One other little thing that's no big deal is put some talcum on the friction shock disc. Looking good, sure bring back some good memories. 25% of the fun is building it - 50% is driving it and 25% is watching the pretty girls wave at the car. :twisted:

Talcum eh? It doesn't make it slippery?

Building brake lines today. The first pic is just flaring the line that I just cut off and bent, the second is the same piece going from the master cylinder over to the pressure switch and proportining valve. The paint on the frame looks thin in the pic, but it's not. Just odd lighting I guess.

(BTW, I did swap sides on the front calipers. :D )

flaring.jpg

proportioning.jpg

Not to steal your thunder but doesnt the proportioning valve go to the rear brakes only. I plumbed mine in the rear brake circuit. ( or mabye i did mine wrong) and i put my low psi switch for the brakes in the front circuit .

Nope you did good the prop.valve usually goes to the rear.

I used the Proportioning valve in the front line, because the big GM Calipers just over powered the rear Chevy S-10 drum brakes. I also ran the rears to the front port and the fronts to the rear port in order to get everything to work right. In a Normal rig the proportioning valves is in the rear line, but Buckets just are not the normal critter. :D

I got my wheels and tires yesterday! :lol:

The tire store (Big O) where I went to have them mounted and balanced had trouble because their equipment wasn't big enough for tires this big. lol It took about two hours and 4 guys.

I would have rolled it out into the driveway for better pics but no place in town has the lug nuts for the front. these wheels take the Cragar SS long shank type with a different thread pattern front and back. I found the lugs for the back but not the front. I might have to drive to Tucson today just for lug nuts.

And I do realize (now) that the back tires are on the wrong sides. I'll swap them later.

newtires.jpg

back.jpg

frontwheel.jpg

Coming right along Mike and lookin good!!!!

Ron

Mike, I like your choice of wheels, lookin great.. I would disconnect the front panard bar till you get the weight on it, then you can hook it back up if you like... Weight will tell you what is happening all around.. you are doing a clean job. Happy building.. :lol:

Hey your garage is looking like the rest of ours thats the tbucket spirit. I know it's tough to keep clean on a project looking nice.

putz said:
Hey your garage is looking like the rest of ours thats the tbucket spirit. I know it's tough to keep clean on a project looking nice.

Lol, I know. I keep finding better things to do than pick up after myself! :)

Here's what I got done today. :)

motorin1.jpg

Nice, The tires look great. :)

VegasBruce said:
Nice, The tires look great. :)

Thanks, I like them a lot. As soon as I get some help over here to help lift the body on I'll find out exactly how much clearance I have. It looks like I should have about an inch and a half on each side.

Looking really good does the exhaust exit right on the tire or is that the angle I am looking?

Satori i think its time for a "Just got started 2" this ones turned into a WAR And Peace novel . HA HA

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back