Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got started today

Damn bro i need to add some more RAM to get to the last page . Good job thats cool and your car looks VERY nice . I Likeyit a lot

rooster57 said:
Damn bro i need to add some more RAM to get to the last page . Good job thats cool and your car looks VERY nice . I Likeyit a lot

I changed my forum defaults so for me it's only on it's 9th page. :lol:

And thanks!

Mike i got to get some new coilovers could i get a pic of yours and a measurement from mount to mount???

rooster57 said:
Mike i got to get some new coilovers could i get a pic of yours and a measurement from mount to mount???

Sure. As it sits right now it's exactly 14" mout to mount.

coilover.jpg

Satori said:
Thanks, I like them a lot. As soon as I get some help over here to help lift the body on I'll find out exactly how much clearance I have. It looks like I should have about an inch and a half on each side.

Thats what I thought too. I ended up with about 2", with my tires on 10" rims. You should be fine.

Satori said:
I changed my forum defaults so for me it's only on it's 9th page. :lol:

And thanks!

At 40 posts per page I'm only on page 7 :D

Mike i just noticed those are some BA wheels and tires super cool. Did the chrome shocks come in your kit or was that an upgrade. IE did it come with the chrome spring. I noticed they are 300. on spirits website.

VegasBruce said:
Thats what I thought too. I ended up with about 2", with my tires on 10" rims. You should be fine.

Cool. I'm dying to see it with the body sitting on it, just need a get a hand over here tomorrow. Going for a ride so it'll have to be tomorrow evening.

rooster57 said:
Mike i just noticed those are some BA wheels and tires super cool. Did the chrome shocks come in your kit or was that an upgrade. IE did it come with the chrome spring. I noticed they are 300. on spirits website.

The shocks came as a standard part of the kit.

Mike, do yourself a favor and take the headers off before you try to put the body on... much easier to maneuver as you position the body and drop it down. Also easier to get under the car to make the body attachments. Take it from someone who learned the hard way! :lol:

Satori said:
Cool. I'm dying to see it with the body sitting on it, just need a get a hand over here tomorrow. Going for a ride so it'll have to be tomorrow evening.

Have a great ride. :lol:

It looks like the spring shackles are straight across with weight on them they should be in a position so spring can lengthen without binding.

Once on a race car, when he did a wheelie, the spring shackles flipped up and when the chasis came back down, they went up, rather than down on one side only, not a good thing.. That is why it is best to run a near flat spring, of the correct length.. then there is never a chance of anything like that happening... :lol:

I don't think the car is sittin on the floor yet. Maybe Mike hasn't found the jug nuts yet.

Ron

Youngster said:
I don't think the car is sittin on the floor yet. Maybe Mike hasn't found the jug nuts yet.

Ron

That's correct. I had to break down and order the lug nuts for the front so they won't be here till Monday. Right now the front wheels are just hanging on the rotors.

Actually, come to think of it, the full weight IS sitting on the axle in that pic. It's sitting on the motorcycle jack under the axle. Maybe I just need to go out and hit some bumps to "seat" it.

Mike ... You must know somewone with 2 chev wheels to put on there. Take the panhard bar off and wait til you have the car assembled to put it back on.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back