Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got started today

Satori said:
That's correct. I had to break down and order the lug nuts for the front so they won't be here till Monday. Right now the front wheels are just hanging on the rotors.

Mike,

Man, your project is really looking good. I want to say thanks so much for taking the time to make all these posts. It's a fair amount of work to take pictures, re-size them to fit right, up-load them to the photo hosting place, write-up a response to your thread..... Your project is really fun to follow.

Anywho, here is one of my favorite vids of someone who doesn't understand the importance of using proper lug nuts. It's really funny.

Take care,

David

[ame="[media=youtube]NgNDUTllw1s[/media]"]YouTube - Lug-Nut Folly[/ame]

Youngster said:
Mike ... You must know somewone with 2 chev wheels to put on there. Take the panhard bar off and wait til you have the car assembled to put it back on.

Ron

Yep, I do have the front panhard bar off for now. My lug nuts are coming tomorrow so I'll be good on the wheels.

Ted Brown said:
Mike, Remember what I said about jumping on your frame to see how everything is working? with the engine in it should bounce pretty nice... it will or should bounce real good with the shocks disconnected... :lol:

I'm definitely going to give it a good jump-bounce once the wheels are bolted on.
RexRod said:
Mike,

Man, your project is really looking good. I want to say thanks so much for taking the time to make all these posts. It's a fair amount of work to take pictures, re-size them to fit right, up-load them to the photo hosting place, write-up a response to your thread..... Your project is really fun to follow.

Anywho, here is one of my favorite vids of someone who doesn't understand the importance of using proper lug nuts. It's really funny.

Take care,

David

Thanks man. I always take lots of pics of my projects.

I really did not get anything done this weekend like I was planning, but here it is almost looking like a car. :D

motorbody.jpg

Nice now it looks like a car and you will really have the itch to get it done with the body on.

I haven't been on much lately. The last thing I did was last weekend I finally got the flexplate bolts that I've been missing so I pulled the motor and tranny. That's when I found out that the torque converter and flexplate don't line up. I'm suspecting that it's the wrong flexplate. I've been ordering all my engine parts for a Chevy 350 but I forgot that a stroker uses a 400 crank so that's probably how I should have ordered the flexplate. The week flew by and it was the weekend again before I knew it. I'll call Summit tomorrow and verify the correct flexplate. In the mean time the body is on the wood rack and the motor and tranny are on the floor in front of the chassis.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back