Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gotta put a plug in for these

choppinczech

Recently I needed to make some precise countersinks in steel.

If you ever get a chance to use these single flute piloted countersinks, you won't believe how well they work.

countersink.png

They produce flawless, centered chatter free countersinks in steel, aluminum, plastics and fiberglass.

I'll never go back to these.

countersink 2.png

Thanks for the tip. Does that mean you must have multiples w/ pilots the size of the hole or just use smallest pilot size to countersink and then finish drilling hole to size?

Thanks,
Jerry

Thanks for the tip, seems I'm using a counter sink all the time.

The problem I have is there is still a ridge around the edge after using a counter sink on drilled
hole. Wish they made them in a very shallow angle.

Thanks for the tip. Does that mean you must have multiples w/ pilots the size of the hole or just use smallest pilot size to countersink and then finish drilling hole to size?

Thanks,
Jerry

McMaster Carr has a set with 1/4, 5/16,3/8,7/16 and 1/2. Each with it's own pilot.

sinks.png

The problem I have is there is still a ridge around the edge after using a counter sink on drilled

The problem I have lately is drifting off center. It bugs the crap out me. I guess I'm getting old. These are never off center. Even by hand.

They are available in different angles, the traditional type. I sometimes use a round rotary burr (die grinder bit) or round stone attachment to obtain a shallow effect.

Not sure why the Amazon website links not showing up. Maybe adding the parenthesis will allow the link to be seen.

[MEDIA]

Last edited:
Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back