Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

grease gun tips

rubicon

Had trouble greasing the bearings on my trailer. The grease gun tip was giving me all kinds of grief. I purchased a LockNLube tip and what a difference that made. works great.

Attachments

• greasecoup_380x.jpeg
    greasecoup_380x.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 29
That would be nice to have, I put it on my Amazon wish list.

I also purchased a locking grease gun tip as well as several adapters, zerk tools, tap, etc... after years of fighting with them. A propane torch is a handy accessory, sometimes a little heat will open up stubborn zerk fittings. The grease dries up and blocks the passage. I keep a variety of fittings on hand. I actually have a “New Joint” kit, which is a polymer injection system that repairs various joints like tie rods, etc by injecting a polymer into the joint through the grease passage. It was a specialty tool that a friend was marketing years ago. It works awesome, but never really caught on. I have used it to repair hard to find stuff on old tractors, etc... I’m still looking for the perfect grease gun that doesn’t leak between uses... till then, storing them in a five gallon bucket works to contain the mess.

I also purchased a locking grease gun tip as well as several adapters, zerk tools, tap, etc... after years of fighting with them. A propane torch is a handy accessory, sometimes a little heat will open up stubborn zerk fittings. The grease dries up and blocks the passage. I keep a variety of fittings on hand. I actually have a “New Joint” kit, which is a polymer injection system that repairs various joints like tie rods, etc by injecting a polymer into the joint through the grease passage. It was a specialty tool that a friend was marketing years ago. It works awesome, but never really caught on. I have used it to repair hard to find stuff on old tractors, etc... I’m still looking for the perfect grease gun that doesn’t leak between uses... till then, storing them in a five gallon bucket works to contain the mess.
Are you using High temp grease? I wasn't and in the summer it melted all over inside the cabinet I put it in. What a mess to clean up. Right now I have this one hanging but, if it starts dripping, I'll try your bucket method.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back