Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Greetings From Michigan

MichBucket

Hi All, just joined the list of bucket owners and am glad I found this forum. Looking forward to learning a lot from what appears to be a ton of experience here. I was formerly a Fiero tinkerer and had several including a reskin (Countach) I did. I have some time this week so I have been going through the bucket trying to identify the bits and pieces and am hoping you guys can help. Just FYI...after I am satisfied with the structure and mechanicals I will be looking to do the car in yellow. I'll post pics when I am allowed

Thanks Again

Tom

Welcome from Miami. Got any pictures of the Countach reskin? After 10 posts, you can post pictures here on the forum!

Was that a stretch Fiero? Cool

Hi Butch, no it wasn't stretched. Since it was my first attempt at something like that I decided to go with the shortened body. The true Countach fans will notice but the body builder did a pretty good job of shortening. In the side view a shortened Countach will tend to have the upper rear scoop and the door side scoop in line with each other. The wheelbase difference between the short and normal is 5"

Don't let folks tell you to ditch the 305 for a 350. With a little coaxing you can get 300 HP from that little mill, which should be plenty in a T-bucket!

Don't let folks tell you to ditch the 305 for a 350. With a little coaxing you can get 300 HP from that little mill, which should be plenty in a T-bucket!

Talk to me Spanky or point me in the right direction on what to do....I like your line of thinking sir!

I run a 305 chevrolet motor in my bucket, bored 30 over, a RV cam, 4 bbl. 600 holley carb , Edelbrock performer intake manifold, & headers. With a 350 transmission. It seems to work real good. Around 16 +- M.P.G. On the road with out my foot in it. It sounds like A hot rod motor should.

Hey, Mich . . . it all comes down to what you can afford, but the basics can yield good results. If your engine is basically sound - doesn't smoke or knock -350 heads will work on a 305 with 350 gaskets, but with the larger combustion chambers, you may want to mill them a little to increase compression. A little more cam will help, also. There are some good articles on hopping up the 305 on the internet, from mild to wild. Like pop says, it'll make a good "hot rod motor" with just a little TLC! (Sample video)
:Best 305 Heads - Bing video

Last edited:
0n my block it says 2/86 which means it was made Feb.1986 . I run a possy G.M. rear end with 3.73 gears . I think the cam is a Speed Pro CS-1014 R .If that helps ???

And here's the specs on that cam pop mentioned . . .

Duration at 050 inch Lift: 204 int./214 exh.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.420 int./0.433 exh.
Lobe Separation (degrees): 112

One of the articles I read suggested a cam with 218/224 duration @ .050, .462/.469 lift, and 110 degree lobe sep. These are street grinds that should work well in a light car.

Sheesh...Pops, Spanky, you guys are great...thanks for all the info. Time to do some reading, watching some vids and making plans (boy my wife is gonna be ticked! ;-)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back