Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Greetings From Michigan

I went back and read your first post, and from now on I'll call you "Tom" - forgive me for 'Mich' tag . . . :sneaky:

No worries Spanky! And again thanks for all the helpful info. It's 40 here in Michigan (almost t-shirt weather) so I may go putz in the garage for a bit! Happy New Year!

brsturges and butch27, you had asked about the Countach. Link below. The Countach is a tough kit to do. Essentially, strip the Fiero, reinforce the chassis, place the body over the chassis and build supports out to the body. You really have to figure things out for yourself. The doors are a mother!!! There is a short video (may or may not work) that shows how I made the doors operate via a remote. I worked with a gas spring engineer so that the door would open slowly via the gas spring once the latch was released. Eventually the stock V6 was replaced with a Cadillac 409 which made it a monster!

Countach

That's an awesome looking ride! As you pointed out, it loses a little in the translation, with the Fiero having a much shorter wheelbase, and higher stance, but . . . I'd love to take if for a Friday night cruise, esp. with the Caddy powerplant!
SunnyRRQtr.jpg

Replica. Stock Fiero chassis. The above pic was before I finished the suspension and it "loses a little" as Spanky points out. Final ride height tuning made it more acceptable, but in the end...it's a replica (but fun to drive an a real head turner)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back