Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Grill shell thoughts

Igor

any thoughts on a 32 grill shell on top of a 23 t bucket radiator .....i love the way the 32 shell looks..but i am not so sure how it will look or fit on top of the 23 t radiator.

ill add pix just in case i have the incorrect years on them both.

anyone have this issue or have pix of this combination of parts ......or is this a no no lol 9003206_R.jpg91015600_L.jpg

When the theme of the car is right, a 32 grill shell looks good. A 'T' radiator will fit but not as good as a proper 32 radiator, you will maximize the top tank area to provide more holding capacity . I believe you would be better off getting a shortened 32 radiator.

Speedway offers a chopped '32 cooler but you will want to check the size. My 2 cents? The Deuce looks good on a bucket ( Kookie style ). The cool thing is using a 'glass shell makes it easy to modify to any configuration you want.

Ron

i will chop the shell to fit if i do use the 32 shell ...just was worried about it looking funny over the different radiator . only reason for the 32 shell is cause of all the angles i have going on . i love the way the takeout T keeps to the original style .. but i am thinking plain shell with a car that has angles might be out of place .

No need to worry. Builders started swapping the Duece shell as soon as the hit the market in '32. Just remove the fake T filler. It looks like a zit on a pin-up.

Ron

My Son is running a 32 grille shell on his T bucket, but is using a Walker 32 radiator that is chopped. The T radiator you mention is very different in shape and size than a 32 and wouldn't fit the shell very well IMO.

Don

fmshow8-1.jpg

IMHO, I believe that the number one thing is that the grill shell is at the same height as the cowl. When the shell is higher than the cowl it shows a lack of planning and/or measuring. Maybe I'm being too critical but good design and craftsmanship rate VERY highly with me. Sorry for the rant.

Jim

here is the thing . i own the RAD pictured. the neck is the filler not a fake one . and i own the standard shell cover for the RAD . but i wanted to change out the shell purely as a looks kind of thing.

she shape and clearance gaps are what i was worried about .

ExJunk. I definitely am keeping all hight specs for the bucket streamline . IE cowl -RAD shell ect ect. :)

Scottrods62. the dimensions are......19 wide and 22 1/2 tall...W/O filler neck.

Sell the radiator you have on Ebay and buy a proper 32 radiator. It is going to not look good with that neck sticking out of the top of a Deuce shell, and you will never be happy with it. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do things the right way , even if it costs you a few bucks more to do it.

Don

after much thought i might just go with the standard t shell. i love the way it looks on the takeout t bucket . gives it that classic look i guess

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back