Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ground clearance question

scrub a dub dub! as long as nothing is below the rims all is cool in my school:D

jmr122848 said:
scrub a dub dub! as long as nothing is below the rims all is cool in my school:D

That's how I like to roll.

Up here as well in minnesota the roads this time of year going low low is not really an option. Unless you have a grader blade option but changing the spring from reverse to regular is easy fix.

Well I was excited until I checked the spring this evening. It isn't a reversed eye spring . . . it's the standard spring. That got me to thinking that I could probably take it to a spring shop and have them put more arc in the spring. I remember we used to have the arc taken out of the springs to lower the F100s a few years back.

sorry to say but re arching the spring alone probably won't get you too much. the pearches are the same distance apart. i would just go with thespring spacers and hope for the best.

Ron

I had the same problem, I moved the drag link to the top side of the pitman arm, and used a low profile bolt, so the bolt would not stick down too far, I gained about 1 1/2 inch of clearance. Also had to grind off a little metal on the nut and Heim connector for clearance on the steeper angle. this worked for my situation. I also put on some taller tires in front which added about 1/2 inch more clearance. This did not hurt the looks any. Your situation may be different

skullman said:
Well I was excited until I checked the spring this evening. It isn't a reversed eye spring . . . it's the standard spring. That got me to thinking that I could probably take it to a spring shop and have them put more arc in the spring. I remember we used to have the arc taken out of the springs to lower the F100s a few years back.
Bob, Look at your shackles, if they are hanging straight down, then re-arching may very well help you, but if they are at a 45 degree angle already, then, no... You could ad more leaves to you spring, short at the top, to work same as spacers would, but if you have to chrome them, then a polished (if it will show) block of Alum, the amount you want to go up, will do...:)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back