Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Headers - Chrome or AHC Coated?

spayne

This is my first car I have ever built. I need some help I have asked my buddies who are working on the car with me but I want some outside opinions too. I am building a 23 T with a 350/350 turbo transmission. The frame is yellow and the body will be purple with metal flake. Here is my question would this car look better with chrome headers or AHC coated headers and which will last with their colors?

This is my first car I have ever built. I need some help I have asked my buddies who are working on the car with me but I want some outside opinions too. I am building a 23 T with a 350/350 turbo transmission. The frame is yellow and the body will be purple with metal flake. Here is my question would this car look better with chrome headers or AHC coated headers and which will last with their colors?

With chrome, your headers will match your yellow and purple body and frame color in no-time. They will turn blue at the hot areas of the pipe, typically at the first bend. Ceramic coated headers finish will outperform chrome in durability as well as performance wise. The headers will run cooler and will stay better looking for longer. Most polished silver finish ceramics are good to 1400 degrees. Black ceramics can go over 2000 degrees. We have a shop in Indy that specializes in application of high performance ceramic coatings and powdercoatings. As an example, we coat several NHRA team's Top Fuel and Funny Car headers (over 8,000 horsepower) with a high-performace black ceramic coating... they now last twice as long as uncoated before warping. The products are tried, tested, and perform.

With chrome, your headers will match your yellow and purple body and frame color in no-time. They will turn blue at the hot areas of the pipe, typically at the first bend. Ceramic coated headers finish will outperform chrome in durability as well as performance wise. The headers will run cooler and will stay better looking for longer. Most polished silver finish ceramics are good to 1400 degrees. Black ceramics can go over 2000 degrees. We have a shop in Indy that specializes in application of high performance ceramic coatings and powdercoatings. As an example, we coat several NHRA team's Top Fuel and Funny Car headers (over 8,000 horsepower) with a high-performace black ceramic coating... they now last twice as long as uncoated before warping. The products are tried, tested, and perform.

Ben I am from Anderson, what is the name of your shop and can I come and see some of your work. I would like to understand how the coatings are applied and how they work. This is all new to me so I am looking for all the help I can get.

Scott T

Ben I am from Anderson, what is the name of your shop and can I come and see some of your work. I would like to understand how the coatings are applied and how they work. This is all new to me so I am looking for all the help I can get.

Scott T

I sent you a PM. We are not a Forum Sponsor yet and I don't want to get cross-wise with Mike thinking that I'm trying to drum up business.

As for the Sponsor thing, we are rolling out some new logo and website and want to get involved here on the site pretty soon.

I sent you a PM. We are not a Forum Sponsor yet and I don't want to get cross-wise with Mike thinking that I'm trying to drum up business.

As for the Sponsor thing, we are rolling out some new logo and website and want to get involved here on the site pretty soon.
Remind me of this post when you are ready to pull the trigger. Being a square-shooter earns you a price break on your first month. In today's world of constant spam onslaughts, I am willing to offer a bonus to someone who openly refuses to play that game. :)

Mike,
As a fellow business owner I can understand and appreciate your offer. Nice Job it's not every day we see people willing to help other people but it is nice and refreshing when we do see it.

Scott Payne
President
Sonitrol of Anderson

Ben,
I apologize you should have been recognized too. Mike is right in todays world it is nice to see someone doing business as a gentleman should. Congratulations to both of you for being upfront and honest.

Scott T

I'm not familiar with AHC. Is it shiny like chrome?

AHC (Armor Hot Coat) is a polished silver high temperature ceramic coating similar to Techline CermaKrome or Jet-Hot Sterling. It has the appearance of polished aluminum. I tend to think it is not quite as shiny as the other two, but the application and polishing process has a lot to do with it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back