Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Headlight switch, dims and brights

frankA

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I bought an old fashioned headlight switch for my rod without hi/low beam. Pull out once for parking lights, pull all the way out for headlights. Is it possible to wire a floor dimmer switch to change between the two?

Sure,

Let the headlight wire from the first pull switch go to the common on the floor switch, which will then select the hi/lo connection to the headlights.

Sure,

Let the headlight wire from the first pull switch go to the common on the floor switch, which will then select the hi/lo connection to the headlights.

I will give that a whirl. Not quite there yet, but I did mount a dimmer switch to the floor in a good position. Thanks!

Try it this way and you get both hi and low beams when you hit hi. Might give better seeing.
41903RpJqHYFQO_ZoS_suGlfPBDudCr7twJXSRqX6848DLPVXjzXDo3kdTfOW5hCW6JVTVqiQIs2lXf_5seefb4pTsSuVD2vvORyzW91PSNjLcm_cOIVbctUFBHFKp_VV-ZpnJrG2PhTYFKsZIUrQccmTKsuDUVLhr9HobIhy0OykAvhOGW4G3-bSP_x4KZUcgzjLBxX53XjSsi4t2nVpOwOAvyq-CEkzzk1cAmNcZ6PnIekyFJvJxPSRC4DcrjjlTVMABSgPAs_MQdgZZl2PvjA-WzDgb54w7iG9ytr4vYkULL9LSizsz2jbcK7p15zaXVo9xSmaRUD2kzMN7kegttk1xf9o5qNX2qAafl1p3tqyLI34tG9EI0GU9ieIi6OjmAoiC73s5VsD90kTwmH2Ug_N8RXwNuIFUuKfMaO0_1UyEDIOBpbx0NT4wwAqZHh7f4skRz__hBKIDA6IAf5_gBVKk0mYEWwSRNzAOuU5fs7O0GfUReq7IeqUedIWETX65LodUOW4yXL3X8ocI4FlsquBwz4XxjC1R9o5LaSNGaQyU9RCtOsgxGm3PBozEE0IyTPMG1lvtEY0gki4l0AMEcCmz-WKkAJnVyzhXgnAB6z4rW0hxW1lwoReBaoPlHfumTBXhWnoUkVDDriL8-doy5VRovGqnc=w988-h789-no

Looks better than crayon on concrete !!LOL. If you do that , make sure you aim them far right ........

Run the parking lights on the dash lights, on all the time. Then run the low beams where the parking lights would normally go, and run the high beams to the head lights. So first pull turns on the low beams, parking lights and dash, second pull turns on high beams, parking lights still on. Now do away with the floor mounted dimmer switch.

Run the parking lights on the dash lights, on all the time. Then run the low beams where the parking lights would normally go, and run the high beams to the head lights. So first pull turns on the low beams, parking lights and dash, second pull turns on high beams, parking lights still on. Now do away with the floor mounted dimmer switch.

The idea of running them that way never occurred to me. Thanks for the tip Ron! :thumbsup:

Reactions: RPM
Interesting and thought provoking thread. Thanks all!

I'm planning to use older 3 position switch and think I'll try: 1) Off, 2) Low beam and 3) Low and high together. Not using parking lights and plan to wire digital dash lighting from ignition switch so on whenever key turned on.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks,
Jerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back