Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello fellow T-Bucketheads from Central Iowa

what I have to rework... replace the MC and remove the loop
57d1c083-fad0-4614-993b-ea067456a69b

Hey Spanky, what is the part # on that MC in the pic, it looks like it would work. did you put in a short pedal rod since there is no booster?

Hey Spanky, what is the part # on that MC in the pic, it looks like it would work. did you put in a short pedal rod since there is no booster?

I have no idea on the NAPA part no. The one in the picture looks like it, though (PN NMC M2211). And I bought the brake pedal and rod from Total Performance. Had to shorten it to work with my setup.

Napa NMC M2211.jpg 8 Brake pedal.jpg

I bought this one off of Amazon that looks just like your picture. I think my original came
off my 1967 Chevelle, but that 40 years ago so I might be wrong. It's hard to find now.

MasterCylinder_Wagner_MC64986.jpg

Last edited:
well this is turning into an adventure. went to all the usual suspects; autozone, advance, oreillys, carquest, and the NAPA warehouse itself which is very close to me. not to mention several local brake shops. the one that came out of the bucket is casting number 2623938 which crosses to several other numbers primarily the 1741 which NO ONE has or can get. tried your 2211 but like the 1741 discontinued. as far as a car goes it crosses to a 1977 Chev Monza (and many other GMs of the 1976-1980s) and who would keep parts around for a Monza? the specs are front bowl smaller (for drum brakes rear) the rear (by the mounting flange) larger bowl (for disc brake front), single bail, 1" piston (with a concave end) for a convex push rod not a straight pin type like from a booster. i know you can get a short pin to concave adapter but they didn't have those either, if it isn't on their computer these youngsters are lost. the hunt goes on, looks like i'm going to have to go for an online order when i wanted to get it locally. the original one is so bad i don't want to put a seal kit in it, sooo much moisture got in it was just mud and corrosion. off I go to be disappointed once again in partsland or so goes the tale ................

Are the mounting dimensions, center distance, more or less the same for a single vs a dual master cylinder?

Just a thought: why not simply redesign the system? Salvage the parts that you like and buy the rest from someone like Spirit or RPM, CCR, whoever. It looks like the existing system wasn’t right, never seen anyone tee the reservoirs together. Plus, having hard to find or mystery parts that may or may not be up to the task... not good, in my book. I have built fast cars in the past with sub standard brakes and they are not fun, they are cumbersome to drive and dangerous. Build a solid, safe ride. No offense intended, just my point of view.

Just a thought: why not simply redesign the system? Salvage the parts that you like and buy the rest from someone like Spirit or RPM, CCR, whoever. It looks like the existing system wasn’t right, never seen anyone tee the reservoirs together. Plus, having hard to find or mystery parts that may or may not be up to the task... not good, in my book. I have built fast cars in the past with sub standard brakes and they are not fun, they are cumbersome to drive and dangerous. Build a solid, safe ride. No offense intended, just my point of view.
As a partial testimonial, I bought my whole brake assembly from RPM and was happy with the quality and ease of installation. Mind you, I bought the floor mount but it was easy to adapt to my setup.

I agree with you fletcherson and that was exactly what I did! re-plumbed it eliminating the loop, totally drained and flushed (moisture had gotten in) the whole system and since the cross for the original MC is not available any more, used my specs and found an even better MC for it. So if anyone with disc brakes front and drum rears needs a better MC then the M1776 is the one.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back