Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Arkansas

49fordv8f4

I just found the forum today. My name is Mark, I'm from Yellville Arkansas about 30 minutes from Spirit Industries. My son and I started a T-bucket for him close to 10 years ago. We bought the body from Spirit. Very good guys to deal with, BTW. I have a machine and welding shop so we fabbed our own frame. We are not finished, it has actually been in mothballs for several years. My son has spent 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan with the US Army on route clearance so, the project has been off and on. Hopefully this fall we can get it back in the shop and finish it up. Glad to be here.
Mark

Welcome from NC. Tell your son, thanks for doing what needs to be done to preserve freedom here in the US. I too have spent many many months in Iraq and Afghanistan during my 28yrs in the Army. I’m sure he is happy to get the project back on track too.

Please thank your son for his service! We are here to help. Let us know how we can. I am in NC, as well!

Thank you all for the replies and warm welcome. We are using a '77 351M and a C6 transmission, probably not the best choice, but it is what we had. It had been rebuilt and had very few miles on it. It was supposed to have been a 400M, but when we pulled it down we found it to be a 351. We pulled it apart, changed all the gaskets and seals, installed a Performer cam, intake and carb. We are using a 9" rear from my Mom's '66 Ranch Wagon and the front axle is from a '47 Mercury sedan. We installed a Speedway disc brake kit on the front. We have a lot of little stuff to finish, shift linkage, finish the steering, brake and fuel lines. Then we will disassemble it for cleanup and paint. We also have decided to add a passenger side door, so that needs to be done also.
Thanks again, Mark

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back