Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Charleston

Hey everyone. I'm Sam from Charleston, South Carolina (originally California...kind of a long story).

I first discovered my love of wrenching when my friend hit some hard times and had to sell his beloved '87 Honda Accord autocrosser, which unbeknownst to me had quite the laundry list of issues with it, including the dreaded leaky heater core. I got most everything fixed up and added a few of my own mods, and found I had actually hit upon a new passion in life. To my despair, it got wrecked a few months ago when an old lady ran a stop sign and I T-boned her.

So this brings me here. I'm looking to start a new project, and it would be my absolute dream to get into hotrodding and build stuff from scratch. From what I can tell, a bucket would be a great way to cut my teeth on something like that for not a whole lot of money. I'm still figuring things out, though, so I'm just kinda here to lurk for the time being.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Lurk and learn, Sam! And welcome from St. Louis. My bucket took 15 years to complete . . . so don't follow my example!:rolleyes: It's a real blast to drive, and once you drive one (make friends with someone who has one) you'll be hooked for sure!:thumbsup:
T-Bucket3.jpg

Welcome. If you don't have all the tools (fabrication type) it may be better to buy a kit from RPM or Spirit or CCR (all sponsors) There will be plenty to do to make it your own and have a better chance of finishing the car.

Welcome. If you don't have all the tools (fabrication type) it may be better to buy a kit from RPM or Spirit or CCR (all sponsors) There will be plenty to do to make it your own and have a better chance of finishing the car.

Thank you! And yeah, that's the plan. Originally I was looking at the Tribute T from Speedway, but I'll check the sponsors out too.

Welcome from California. I agree about starting with a kit. Tbuckets look simple, but there is lot involved in fabrication work. I own a full fabrication shop and after building two buckets and many off road vehicles I can tell you there is a lot involved in fabrication. Start with a good kit that has all of the design work already done. There will be a lot you can do to make it individualised for your taste after the the main construction is done.Good luck and ask a lot of questions.

Hey everyone. I'm Sam from Charleston, South Carolina (originally California...kind of a long story).

I first discovered my love of wrenching when my friend hit some hard times and had to sell his beloved '87 Honda Accord autocrosser, which unbeknownst to me had quite the laundry list of issues with it, including the dreaded leaky heater core. I got most everything fixed up and added a few of my own mods, and found I had actually hit upon a new passion in life. To my despair, it got wrecked a few months ago when an old lady ran a stop sign and I T-boned her.

So this brings me here. I'm looking to start a new project, and it would be my absolute dream to get into hotrodding and build stuff from scratch. From what I can tell, a bucket would be a great way to cut my teeth on something like that for not a whole lot of money. I'm still figuring things out, though, so I'm just kinda here to lurk for the time being.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys!
The toy isn't the costly part, it's all the new tools you will want! Lol, welcome to our addiction!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back