Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Connecticut!

Tommy T

Hello everyone! My name is Tommy and am just in the planning stages of a T-Bucket rat rod style machine. Been around cars all my life (I'm 40), had my share of muscle cars....and been away from the car scene for about 10 years now :D

I'm very well versed with tools from welders to lathes. Have a nice size garage (22 x 30) that is crying for a project.

Past few years been keeping my mind busy racing lawnmowers with the United Stated Lawn Mower Racing Association.

Here is a pic:

Anyway....with my son being 13 now...I think it is time to get his hands dirty helping me build a bucket.

Since I live in CT...I'll be getting a TP body (only 45 minutes from my front door). I'll fabricate the frame and stuff from there!!

Looking at their "T" Body with 14" bed, dash, floor and wood kit installed. For $850...I know their may be some cheeper ones out their...but I won't have to pay shipping...so it would be about the same either way.

So...as this project gets underway, I'll keep everyone informed!

Tommy

Hello Tommy! And welcome to the forums. I'm also in Ct. ANd theres a few more nutmeggers on the fourms as well.

Hi Tommy! Welcome to the site. Think about a 20" bed. Things get real tight real quick in a 14" bed. Great to hear you're introducing your son to this awesome hobby. The time you two spend on the bucket will stay with him forever.

Ron

Sorry Al, I thought it was my turn!

Ron

I have to agree on the 20 inch bed. The extra 6 inches makes a big difference. ;)

Thanks for the WELCOME!!!!

I'll make sure to consider a 20" bed in my design!

I'm most concerend about my height...6'1" and DO NOT want my knees crunched up while driving. More and more I'm thinking about it...I may just get a tub without a floor and design my seating that way. I want to be seated low, but not flat legged either!

Tommy T said:
Thanks for the WELCOME!!!!

I'll make sure to consider a 20" bed in my design!

I'm most concerned about my height...6'1" and DO NOT want my knees crunched up while driving. More and more I'm thinking about it...I may just get a tub without a floor and design my seating that way. I want to be seated low, but not flat legged either!

Some folks make a slightly stretched T and slightly wider ones to... check in to them too!

Tommy T said:
Hello everyone! My name is Tommy and am just in the planning stages of a T-Bucket rat rod style machine. Been around cars all my life (I'm 40), had my share of muscle cars....and been away from the car scene for about 10 years now :welcome:

I'm very well versed with tools from welders to lathes. Have a nice size garage (22 x 30) that is crying for a project.

Past few years been keeping my mind busy racing lawnmowers with the United Stated Lawn Mower Racing Association.

Here is a pic:

Anyway....with my son being 13 now...I think it is time to get his hands dirty helping me build a bucket.

Since I live in CT...I'll be getting a TP body (only 45 minutes from my front door). I'll fabricate the frame and stuff from there!!

Looking at their "T" Body with 14" bed, dash, floor and wood kit installed. For $850...I know their may be some cheeper ones out their...but I won't have to pay shipping...so it would be about the same either way.

So...as this project gets underway, I'll keep everyone informed!

Tommy
cool mower there!!! which body are you looking at? I know the 26-27 body is longer in the front so you would have more room! but i dont know if TP makes one with the bed all i have seen on there site is the turtle back ones. got a 26 Rat my self! lots of great people here!!! Ive only been here a few days but have felt very welcom here!

Welcome Tommy, cool mower. A 20" bed is the way to go, the 14" is way tight with the gas tank and battery. I can just fit two chairs and nothing else.

welcome I agree a 20" bed is the way to go.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back