Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Conshohocken, PA

Oban Ron

Hello my name is Ron from Conshohocken, PA. I have caught the T-Bucket fever and love it! I have only one problem - fish tailing.
My Bucket has a 350, Weiand 671, dual carbs, THM350, 2750 RPM Converter, 4.11 Rear Posi, putting out about 480 HP with 18" Mickey Thompsons on the rear end. It is dyno tested at 400 ft/lbs at the rear. I can rip the rubber off of the tires at almost any speed, but when I step on it from a dead stop and those Mickey's start spinning, it is literally uncontrollable. Once I exceed the converter RPM's at about 3,000 or so, the T violently whips to the left. Since I am not traveling much at the time a counter steer does little. I know the car is light and the wheel span is short, but is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything that I can do or change? Other than putting larger tires to possibly get it to hook up, I can't seem to realize the power from my toy. I am backing down now before I get to 3,000 RPM. Help!!!

You can put a 4 bar rear so you can change the instant center to hook or stretch the wheelbase like I did! LOL
My car had 20% overdriven blower and you could leave with hands off the wheel.

Welcome Ron from Wayne in Northampton PA. I run a real tame little HP T so do not have your problem. Seems with all the HP and torque you have maybe slightly taller gears would allow you to hook up better and still get there fast

Welcome from Texas,,,,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back