Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from New Jersey

BrianD

Good afternoon, My name is Brian, I'm from Toms River NJ. I'm recently retired after 40 plus years twisting wrenches, last 34 years with Volvo. I could not keep up with all of the technology and called it quits. Needing a project to get out of the house and into the garage I decided to build a bucket. I always liked them but did not fit very well. You see I'm 6'6" 270lbs. Then I found Ron at RPM and his Big Boy body.After a few phone calls and picking his brain I placed my order. While waiting for my order to be filled I'm gathering everything else I might need, engine,trans,rear ect..... So, if there's anyone near me here in Toms River, I'd like to get together and see what I'm up against..LOL
Brian

Welcome Brian WelcomeAnim.gif

All I can say is ......It''s About Dam Time You Had Some Fun !!!

Welcome from St Louis! What are you considering for your drive train? Some of us find a bone yard donor car (Camaro, Mustang, etc) and pick it apart. Mine was an early 70's Camaro. :D:geek:

Frame & rearend.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcomes,
So far I have acquired a 305 with a TH350 and a S10 rear with 3.43 gears. Looking for tires and wheels now so I can make it a roller.I'm thinking about 275/60R15 for the rear and 165R15 for the front.

I read that article before. I bought the engine with about 4K on it after a rebuild (so I'm told). It's suppose to have a mid cam in it,it came with an edelbrock manifold and carb. Should make all the power I'm going to need.

I bought the engine with about 4K on it after a rebuild (so I'm told).
So while I'm waiting for my stuff from rpm, I thought I would test run the engine I bought. Guess what, bellowing blue smoke!!!! Time for a rebuild. Tore it apart and found the ring gaps on two piston lined up. Sent the heads out for a rebuild. Oh well,live and learn and don't trust anyone.

So while I'm waiting for my stuff from rpm, I thought I would test run the engine I bought. Guess what, bellowing blue smoke!!!! Time for a rebuild. Tore it apart and found the ring gaps on two piston lined up. Sent the heads out for a rebuild. Oh well,live and learn and don't trust anyone.

Working on your stuff, won't be much longer.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back