Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from South Florida

May be a good start. Blow it apart and check welds and bring it back up. That front crossmember looks a little excessive.

Looks like a Model A cowl with funky frame rails and SB Chevy motor mounts. Depending on what you envision the finished product to be, and how much you want to spend, you could just clean up and build on what you have. Or . . .

There's a lot of work in that frame. Someone spent time and energy sculpting a lot of it, even to the extent of flaring the frame rails to the same curve as the bottom of the body.. I would try and research its history. Short buckets like that can be old old old, and 1/4 elliptical is very 70s.
G

Looks like mine did 7 months ago , welcome from Central west coast Florida. Take pictures as you go along and than you can look back and say wow look how much it has changed

What is wrong with the frame I have? all I see wrong with it is it's missing a pitman arm and linkage,and some surface rust.

I didn't say there was anything "wrong" with it, just that you might want to do a lot of research before spending time and money . . . . on a very "unique" platform.

There's certainly no "1 right way to build a T", but to be sure, some ways have more advantages than others, while different builders/owners have their own preferences about what may constitute an advantage.

If all you're looking to do is make it into a drivable ratrod with as little $ spent as possible, that's a particular path forward . . . . the race cars in the background give me the impression that "beater ratrod" isn't your chosen direction though.

The uniqueness of the frame and suspension pretty well locks you into restoring what's already there, as opposed to readily available replacement/upgrade parts. The mounting location for the front shocks looks like it will limit the engine choices, as at least from the pics, you have a very short engine area.

There's a lot of old rusted steel there to be restored, have you got the time to invest doing that . . .

If it had landed in my yard, I'd take the body off, take it completely apart, and see what condition my condition was in . . . and move ahead after that analysis.

Analyze what you got, figure out where you want to go, and see if the former can get you to the latter . . .

Last edited:
You could take all the rusted parts get them powder coated or just bead blast and paint

Welcome from Western Kentucky Murph Lots of great folks here with a ton of info. If you have questions dont be shy, jump right in someone will have an answer for you

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back