Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Texas

Thanks,
I'm planning on using a crate 350 w/ a Turbo 350 auto. going to a ford 9". 3.50:1 posi. Would really like to put a 4 speed in, just does not seem to be a lot of foot room.

PaulR

Welcome to the forum. It's good to see another buckethead near me. Strength in numbers! :lol:

Hello, You may change your mind after I ask all the questions I have...ha ha. It is nice to know that there is another member close by.

PaulR

Likewise, I don't have a ton of experience, this being my first build, but if there is something I don't know, I like looking it up.

Howdy from Amarillo TX:toast:

I'm a newbie here too:D

Vance

:lol:OKAY! THAT'S IT! We now need a sub chapter for Texas guys.:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!:)

tfeverfred said:
:lol:OKAY! THAT'S IT! We now need a sub chapter for Texas guys.:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!:)

The South is gonna rise again:lol:

God Bless Texas:)

Vance

Welcome Paul. Glad to hear someone starting up a new build!

Dale
In the Rio Grande Valley

Thanks to all. I keep telling people that the South will rise again....

I'm looking forward to the build. I chose to not use a TPerformance frame and body. I had one made by a guy in Dallas. I believe it is based on the Spirit frame. The downside to this is no manual like TP has. I think it will take me a little longer to complete mine, but be a little easier on the budget. He is also making the body and bed. I should be getting that the end of January/February... The good thing is I found this forum and plan to use it.

PaulR

PaulR said:
Thanks to all. I keep telling people that the South will rise again....

I'm looking forward to the build. I chose to not use a TPerformance frame and body. I had one made by a guy in Dallas. I believe it is based on the Spirit frame. The downside to this is no manual like TP has. I think it will take me a little longer to complete mine, but be a little easier on the budget. He is also making the body and bed. I should be getting that the end of January/February... The good thing is I found this forum and plan to use it.

PaulR

Hey Paul, I'm still looking for a bargain on a body while I save up for the one from Total. You got any specs and a price for your guy in Dallas? Heck, if it measures out right and the price is good, I could pick it up and the savings on frieght alone would be quite a bit.

tfeverfred said:
Hey Paul, I'm still looking for a bargain on a body while I save up for the one from Total. You got any specs and a price for your guy in Dallas? Heck, if it measures out right and the price is good, I could pick it up and the savings on frieght alone would be quite a bit.
Ok lets do this one more time.Make sure the body you want matches the Total dimentions for "BODIES"ON THERE WEB SITE OR MY FRIENDS YOU WILL OWN JUNK!!!! The reason i gave my last body away was because it came from a mold that was over used.Molds do not last forever the reason there out there for sale is there past there prime.But you guys will do what you have to do just remember you also need a windshield for that ride and everyone gets there's from Total.And no you can't buy the blank stock and make your own as Brian will not devulge where they get it

Fred, the body w/fiberglass floor, rad shield and 20" bed is going to run about $1700.00. It will not fit on the Total Frame. It will only fit on the frame that was made for it. There would be too much rework in trying to make it fit.

PaulR said:
Fred, the body w/fiberglass floor, rad shield and 20" bed is going to run about $1700.00. It will not fit on the Total Frame. It will only fit on the frame that was made for it. There would be too much rework in trying to make it fit.

Thanks for checking, Paul. Thanks for looking out, Rick. Yea, Totals chassis set up makes using someone elses body a no go, from the looks of it.:sad: No worries, I'm thinking of getting their body with just the floor. My boss emailed me that he has fiberglass supplies and my neighbor has worked with it, so I'll save a little by doing my own interior wood and seat insert. Looks like I may be able to get the body by the first week of March.:) We'll see what happens.

I ordered an expansion tank and my '28 grill from Speedway this morning. That will give me something to play with next week. I'll post pics when I can.

Hey you Texan's. I use to live in Texas City, Texas for awhile. Think I could join your club.

thomas:) Westland, MI.

thomas said:
Hey you Texan's. I use to live in Texas City, Texas for awhile. Think I could join your club.

thomas:) Westland, MI.
How long were you there? Do you still own boots and a hat? No fakers here. Either all the way or no way.:)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back