Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Utah

Jeremy P

I guess it's time I introduce myself here. I've been a member of the forum for a while now and haven't ever posted, just done a lot of reading. about a year ago i decided that it was time I start building a bucket. My brother has a 23 bucket that is currently being stored at my house, Ma_n_Pa T live across the highway from me, and my uncle who has a 23 bucket lives just South of me. So I'm not "new" to T buckets but I am new to building one. After doing a lot of research I've decided to build a 23 C cab delivery. I've gathered up a few parts to get me started. I've got a motor and trans, and a original 30's (I believe)I beam drop axle. The motor is a 5.3 liter vortec out of a 2003 suburban. The trans is a 4L60e out of the same suburban. The motor will get a 402 cubic inch stroker with a bunch of aftermarket goodies. I'm shooting for 450 to 500 horse to start with. I might go with a twin turbo set up, IF...I can make it look good. We'll see. The trans will be rebuilt to handle the added power from the motor. I plan on building my own frame and have downloaded two different frame plans. I like the traditional style steering, so I'll go with that as well as the split wishbones for the front with the spring over top the axle. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do from the front wheels and brakes. I really like the looks of the spoke wheels but I hate those crappy little calipers and brake pads. My brothers has these on his and we are always fighting the front brakes. The rear axle will be either a Ford 8.8 or a custom Dana 60. I haven't decided on that yet for sure. I know the 60 will be a bit over kill, but I like the piece of mind knowing that I'll never blow it up. I'm shooting for getting a body next spring and getting started building it. Until them I will continue to work on the motor and gather up some of the other parts that I will need once the frame is built.

Welcome from Oklahoma. Sounds like you have a good plan. Only thing I would say is remember the price and quality of gas and don't go to wild with the motor. These things only weigh 2,000 to 2,500 lbs. and don't require much to scare the wife! Us guys can handle it you know!

I've been keeping gas in mind. It will be a lower compresion motor that will run on pump gas. As for the wife, I don't have one of those. This is all mine and will be built the way I want it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back