Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello!

RidetechJohn

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is John and I recently acquired my first T-Bucket project.
I'm completely new to the T-Bucket platform but this seems to be the place to be for information! Just wanted to thank everyone in advance for any help they may provide.
I don't know much about my T yet as I purchased an unfinished project and a bunch of miscellaneous parts. If possible, I would like to put together a build thread as I have done in other forums to show the progress of the build and to ask for advice.
Although I plan on keeping some of the project true to the era, there will be a few modifications I plan on making that should make it a little interesting. I am an Account Manager and Sales Representative for Ridetech (formerly AirRide Technologies) so one of the major changes I am looking to make will be the incorporation of air suspension on my bucket. It should be pretty interesting and I look forward to your feedback.
Keep an eye out for "Bagged Bucket"!

Welcome from St Louis! When you are able, show us some pictures of your project. You'll probably be using some form of IFS on your bucket, and the challenge will be to make it look good. Here's a bucket with IFS:
IFS-T-Bucket.jpg

[QUOTE="Spanky, post: 204759, member: 7263 Here's a bucket with IFS:
View attachment 14442[/QUOTE]

Yikes!

Welcome from Canada.
I am very interested to see what bags you put on the back.
My build thread is The Bucket List.
The Bucket List
I have a set up just begging for bags and I do want to tow a small tear drop trailer to car shows and race events.

Thanks Guys! Using air suspension on the rear will be easy-peasy. We manufacture a product called the Shockwave that will essentially take the place of a coilover.
In the front, my plan is to essentially use the solid axle front with a panhard bar instead of the traditional transverse leaf spring. The panhard bar will help eliminate lateral movement but allow vertical articulation with the help of Shockwaves in the front. Ideally, it will just look like a reversed 4-link on the front that steers. Obviously there is a little bit more to it than that BUT hopefully it should all go together rather easily.
My Grandfather has wanted to build a t-bucket forever. Being that he may struggle climbing in and out of the bucket at ride height, the air suspension should get it down low enough for him to step in and out of..plus its a challenge for me to help design a functioning air suspension that rides and performs well.
I guess we will see how it goes.

Shockwaves sound good but I wasn't planning on spending $1000. US on just the back suspension, I was thinking more like the $60 air springs to replace the springs I have, and the ability to increase the pressure for towing.
Looking forward to seeing your setup that sounds like it will be very cool.

Hey John! How about getting Ridetech to hook up the folks here with kinfolks prices. We would be good advertisements because these cars draw attention and the shocks are out in the open for all to see!

Thanks for the heads up! Trying to get another project out of the garage then I can move this one in and start mocking some stuff up. I'm sure 10 post wont be an issue when it comes time to start picking some brains about what I have in all these boxes!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back