Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Help a newb out.... reinforcing a fiberglass tub

badsun79

Hi all.
Thanks for having me. i have a bucket Rat, I'm a bug guy and the tub is a bit giving. just looking for some ideas to sure it up a bit. I love the look and just wanna make it right for me. Thanks for the advice..... Casey
bucket.jpg

Hello and Welcome , You may want to check a search for wooding the body for some ideas. I like the ride I have one I build sorta like yours but a good bit lower.

Great Gasser Look! All you need are some coker cheater slicks, small round tank in front of the radiator. Looks like the front springs are mounted on top of the axle or the frame mount is high....Does it have a straight axle up front? It looks cool! Have a big cable driven tach and some old 270 Degree sweep SW gauges up on the cowl, sweet....and a bunch of old school decals, Erson cams, M&H RaceMaster, Accel, etc, etc....
I Like mine lower, but I like the look....is that 2x4's under the front and rear of the body on the outside of the frame or is that metal tubing? Looks like thats the body mounts from the looks of things. You could always make the mounts to the inside of the body to clean the lines a little.

Last edited:
I saw the decals you have on it....duh....my brainfart. I've breathed in too many toxic fumes in my life! hahaha....anyway, to keep with the rat theme, get some metal skin the outside and the back with some metal and some poprivets, just enough to sturdy it up some. OR, use some thin plywood sheeting and use some flathead machine screws. You are wanting to keep with the RAT theme, correct? And put
Or glass the inside and embedd a rubber toy rat, a front on oneside and the rear on the other, Its your bucket, have fun with it and do whatever you want. We won't say anything about it, until you do something unsafe, or unwise!
Oh, by the way, WELCOME! Put a air cleaner on that thing and/or build a homemade scoop to go with the theme of things....awesome.

Last edited:
I suggest that you check out the thread that was started just before yours on the BODIES forum.

Jim

I'm keepin her Rat. Thanks for all the input fellas. I'm sure i will need more. I get the same buzz about rods as I do about choppers and I have never been a car guy.....until now lol. Thanks.

Great Gasser Look! All you need are some coker cheater slicks, small round tank in front of the radiator. Looks like the front springs are mounted on top of the axle or the frame mount is high....Does it have a straight axle up front? It looks cool! Have a big cable driven tach and some old 270 Degree sweep SW gauges up on the cowl, sweet....and a bunch of old school decals, Erson cams, M&H RaceMaster, Accel, etc, etc....
I Like mine lower, but I like the look....is that 2x4's under the front and rear of the body on the outside of the frame or is that metal tubing? Looks like thats the body mounts from the looks of things. You could always make the mounts to the inside of the body to clean the lines a little.
those are steel mounts and if theres room i will def move em in, i agree kind of an eyesore.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back