Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Help with jag rearend ident

Keeper

I was wondering if someone could help me ident the year of the jag rearend I got with my pile of parts or point me to where to look for codes.

Only codes I have found are on the lower right hand side of the pumpkin.

x25 - 7202

Here is a picture.

attachment.php

Any help is appreciated.

B

If its around 61 inches from flange to flange its probably a XJ6 if its less than that its probably an XJS. If it has a round plate on the input its a Jaguar diff if its a star type its a Dana.

Neddy
South Australia

what are you trying to do re build it or what the jag rear is a dana 44 base there are two types if it has a drain plug in the bottem of the pumpkin it is called a sulsberry still all dana 44 parts fit and if not its a dana 44 if your looking to rebuild it the best way i found in rebuilding mine is to match part # also you can get a yoke to fit a chevy u joint that yoke is the 10 spline needed to convert it

i run the sulsberry unit in mine and have not found any reasion to decode any tags and have been through mine from one end to the other yet the key is to match up parts and patents. look at my gallory for some installed photos

Keeper said:
Well I am just trying to find out what I have. It did come with the yoke so I can use it when I have a drive shaft built.
the unit that i am using is a 61 inch s also you can also type in jag rear end for a surch and you will see a jag fourm there and find a lot of info for the rear

Okay the search is narrowing down.

More info:

It has 2.88 gears (found a tag on the diff)
It has a drain plug in the bottom of the diff.

Now some places I have found say its a XJS others XJ6...years ranging from 75-90

Oh well I am getting closer. Maybe I will start tearing it down and get some more pictures.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back