Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hermans body vs. Wintec body

gotmark73

I am looking at the Wintec 27' Lakester body and the Hermans stretch body. Anybody know the measurement differences, the leg room differences, the body height difference? Any experience with either? I am dying to see an update on the Hermans car that is being built on this message board.

mark

I can't tell you the differences at all. The Hermans body is a T body that has been stretched 10" all in the cowl.

This is a pic of the cowl area.
natspics037-2.jpg

Then this pic gives you an idea of how much leg room there is in this body. That is me setting in the body and I am 6'2"
natspics043-2.jpg

I love the Herman's body, the Wintec looks longer also just wondering. Ron how is the build going you are doing with the Herman's body on your chassis? I can't be alone in wanting more pics.

I am looking at the Wintec 27' Lakester body and the Hermans stretch body. Anybody know the measurement differences, the leg room differences, the body height difference? Any experience with either? I am dying to see an update on the Hermans car that is being built on this message board.

mark
the 27 T bodies are roughly 12 inches longer than the stock 23 T body I have a 27 T RPU body on a frame I built many years ago from plans for a 23 T bucket and I needed to stretch the frame 12 inches from the rear kick up to the location of the 23s fire wall location

Th Wintec '27 Lakester fiberglass body includes (2) doors (inner and outer panels-no hinges or latches), and '32 style dash board. Floor is not included so you can channel you body to whatever height you desire.
Measures along bottom of the body from firewall to rear of body before it starts to roll up 49"
From firewall to rear of body along top 57 1/2"
Firewall to dash 16 1/2"
Dash to rear of body (top) 57 1/2"
Width is 29" at the firewall and 47" at the rear of the body.
-Jim
www.wintecfabrication.com

Attachments

• 100_2289.JPG
    100_2289.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_2290.JPG
    100_2290.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_2291.JPG
    100_2291.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 208
  • WT-B-27L.JPG
    WT-B-27L.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 172
Thank you for the info, I am trying to figure what body will look best on my Spirit 23 frame. I am 6' 205 lbs and want a car that is comfortable for longer (3-4 hour) drives.

Th Wintec '27 Lakester fiberglass body includes (2) doors (inner and outer panels-no hinges or latches), and '32 style dash board. Floor is not included so you can channel you body to whatever height you desire.
Measures along bottom of the body from firewall to rear of body before it starts to roll up 49"
From firewall to rear of body along top 57 1/2"
Firewall to dash 16 1/2"
Dash to rear of body (top) 57 1/2"
Width is 29" at the firewall and 47" at the rear of the body.
-Jim
www.wintecfabrication.com

gotmark73 "Thank you for the info, I am trying to figure what body will look best on my Spirit 23 frame. I am 6' 205 lbs and want a car that is comfortable for longer (3-4 hour) drives."

I'm 6' 215 lbs and I have a bunch of 3-4 drives, a few 6 hour drives and a couple of 8 hour drives. Yes, it's cramped and a stop every 100 miles is almost completely mandatory for me - both because I'm needing fuel AND because my legs are killing me.

I do not have a good seat. I highly recommend you install a comfy seat no matter what you're driving though.

The next one will either be stretched and widened OR a four seater of some sort.

T-odd: what type of seats do you have? I want bomber-ish seats. I am thinking something more like a modern sprintcar-midget seat but with a lower back. They are alum. with rolled edges but the "butt" area has some shape to it. Granted I never spent 3-4 hours in the midget but I was in it for an hour while setting the car up and bleeding brakes and it was more than comfortable (when settting the chassis you have nothing to distract you so any discomfort would show through pretty quickly). My feeling is the biggest secret to leg comfort in a vehicle where your legs are out in front of you (as opposed to a van type seating position) is someplace to rest your legs outwardly such as the door pad on the left and the trans tunnel on the right. My 1997 Formula Firebird is like that

gotmark73, my seat is a plywood bottom with some cheap foam, covered in cloth. I really need to change that first.

The back is out of a 3rd Gen Camaro and flipped upside down. That actually fits PERFECT with the contour of the back of the bucket somehow. Have a cheap blanket thrown over it.

I can use the seat back right side up or upside down, but upside down fits better and give 1/2" more room... and that's some valuable real estate to me.

Thank you for the info, I am trying to figure what body will look best on my Spirit 23 frame. I am 6' 205 lbs and want a car that is comfortable for longer (3-4 hour) drives.

Does this body count as an extended T bucket? This body fits on Spirit's 23T chassis.

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 155

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back