Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

HERMANS STRETCH BODY

The stretch body comes with the door made into it. It is not an option, it is the only way it comes. Call Rick he can give you all the details 865-577-1941

Called Rick and talked to him about a few things. Great guy, for sure! Between him and RPM I'll be in good hands.

I called Herman's, super helpful and nice guy. I am trying to figure out if the stretch body will go on my Spirit 23 chassis.

I called Herman's, super helpful and nice guy. I am trying to figure out if the stretch body will go on my Spirit 23 chassis.
Did you get all the info you needed from Hermans? If you need any measurements tell me where you want them to and from and I will get them for you.Kip

You are going to post pictures too right Ron ?,, :)

We will be installing a Herman's stretch body on a RPM frame here today and tomorrow. Do you need any measurements?

RPM and Turnleft: I need to know the distance from the kick up to the firewall (assuming the back of the bodies are snugged up to the kick up). I need to know how much frame room is left for a motor and rad. Thank you guys for your help.

RPM and Turnleft: I need to know the distance from the kick up to the firewall (assuming the back of the bodies are snugged up to the kick up). I need to know how much frame room is left for a motor and rad. Thank you guys for your help.
I will get you those measurements after work tomorrow to late and cold to go to the shop tonight .Kip

With the back of the body tight to the kick up, the firewall is 53.5 " from the kick up.Hope this helps.Kip

With the back of the body tight to the kick up, the firewall is 53.5 " from the kick up.Hope this helps.Kip

Thank you, that gives me 34" to mount the 2.3l Ford (24") and a radiator and fan. I think it will work, YAY. It is gonna be tight but I hope I can make it. I am using a Model A grille shell any suggestions on a cheap (maybe OEM) radiator?

Thank you, that gives me 34" to mount the 2.3l Ford (24") and a radiator and fan. I think it will work, YAY. It is gonna be tight but I hope I can make it. I am using a Model A grille shell any suggestions on a cheap (maybe OEM) radiator?

A radiator from a 66 Mustang should work perfect for you. They are available new for about $125.00

A radiator from a 66 Mustang should work perfect for you. They are available new for about $125.00
Thank you, I will begin looking for a 66 Mustang rad. By the way Ron I got the batwings and they are great, I could not build them myself for what you sell them for plus mine would not look as nice. Thank you again.

I just talked to HerMan's Fast Glass this morning.

I have my chassis almost done and I had designed around a 27 body, but after seeing HerMan's, I like it and I it's afforable.

I will still have to cut it in half to make it wider and cut it in half to make it (even) longer.

I just noticed this is the fourth sentenced I started with "I".

While I didn't need or want a door, the fact the body comes with a door as a separate item makes this body a better value for the majority of builders. I can glass the door in or take advantage of the fact there is one to be able to make the choice. I like choices.

When I designed (a somewhat generic body) I stumbled across a method of manufacturing that I actually think I could patent. Additional research concluded the market is too small to offset the extensive patent reseach costs since Nissan and Chrysler have similar patents.

By the way, I designed my project on MasterCam and made all the frame brackets and some of the frame rails pieces on a CNC Mill. I will try to share some pictures as things come together and if I learn how to post'em.

Soooooo, what's my purpose in posting? I don't know either, but thanks for your interest.

Oh yeah, it was the HerMan's body that I liked and wanted to waste some band width saying so.

And, I thank this forum and all members for bringing this to my knowledge.

Just got off the phone with Rick at Hermans Fast Glass, bought the stretched body... I have been dreaming/planning and collecting parts for a few years now. Hope to be cruising this coming summer. Here is a pic of my inspiration:
LowBlow.jpg

LowBlow1.jpg

I've got a Big Block Chevrolet instead of the 426 Hemi, and am planing a Hartz cloth top instead of the fiberglass flip lid that Scott used and airbags so it will lay framerail.

Need to start a buld thread but this is my first post on this Forum

I just talked to HerMan's Fast Glass this morning.

I have my chassis almost done and I had designed around a 27 body, but after seeing HerMan's, I like it and I it's afforable.

I will still have to cut it in half to make it wider and cut it in half to make it (even) longer.

I just noticed this is the fourth sentenced I started with "I".

While I didn't need or want a door, the fact the body comes with a door as a separate item makes this body a better value for the majority of builders. I can glass the door in or take advantage of the fact there is one to be able to make the choice. I like choices.

When I designed (a somewhat generic body) I stumbled across a method of manufacturing that I actually think I could patent. Additional research concluded the market is too small to offset the extensive patent reseach costs since Nissan and Chrysler have similar patents.

By the way, I designed my project on MasterCam and made all the frame brackets and some of the frame rails pieces on a CNC Mill. I will try to share some pictures as things come together and if I learn how to post'em.

Soooooo, what's my purpose in posting? I don't know either, but thanks for your interest.

Oh yeah, it was the HerMan's body that I liked and wanted to waste some band width saying so.

And, I thank this forum and all members for bringing this to my knowledge.

So did you buy a body from Rick at Hermans?

I have not as yet, made a purchase.

I'm still pondering my design and evaluating the pluses and minuses of buying vs. making my own body.

My design offers the potential of selling bodies, although there are some daunting obstacles to moving forward just yet.

Just got off the phone with Rick at Hermans Fast Glass, bought the stretched body... I have been dreaming/planning and collecting parts for a few years now. Hope to be cruising this coming summer. Here is a pic of my inspiration:
LowBlow.jpg

LowBlow1.jpg

I've got a Big Block Chevrolet instead of the 426 Hemi, and am planing a Hartz cloth top instead of the fiberglass flip lid that Scott used and airbags so it will lay framerail.

Need to start a buld thread but this is my first post on this Forum

Did you get your body yet?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back