Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey, gang! It's been a while........ but I'm back!

tfeverfred

Well, a lot has happened in the last few years. I got banned from this site a few years ago. Sometimes, grown folks say the kind of stupid crap kids say. So, I got banned. Looking back, I deserved it.

Since that time, I drove the hell out of my T and made some REALLY nice improvements. I'll post pics later. But..... and this is a big but..... I sold her in August. Something I thought I'd never do, but sometimes, real life and adult problems out weigh having a toy. Plus, I found myself coming up with reasons not to drive her.

So, I sold her, took care of some bills and now, I'm doing it all over again! And..... the best friend to an addict is a good dealer, so today I got a hold of Ron (RPM) and he'll be building me a frame to get the party started. Miss Behavin' was a learning experience and I learned a LOT. This T Bucket will be better, safer and a LOT faster. Her name, after a lot of thought, will be..... "Dahlia".

So, hang tight and if you like, follow along. Just like last time, I'll be doing a piece at a time, so this will take a while. Just like the first one.

Thanks, Ron, for keeping the site open and inviting me back.

Reactions: RPM
Okay, here's the way Miss Behavin' looked when I sold her. The model from a photo shoot was NOT included.

full

A few more.

full

full

full

Fans! Girls LOVE T Buckets!

full

full

Glad to see you back, Fred. I tried to help whenever I could on your previous build and hope to be able to help on your new build.

Jim

Thanks, Jim! By the way........ electricity is STILL the Devil! But, I still have your schematics and plan to use them again. Some guys never learn. LOL

Man, it sure feels good to be home.

Good to see you back Fred...keepin' this 1 old school ??
dave

Well, old school in "flavor". I still dig black wall tires on a hot rod, but I'd like chrome reverse rims on this version. I'm also doing a Ford 9" rear. Other plans are wishbones up front and ladder bars in the rear, instead of radius rods. Disc brakes up front and maybe in the rear, too. Which brings me to engine choices. I have a notion for a BBC or a VERY warmed over SBC. Budget and luck will make the choice for me. "Oh, Lord of Hot Rodding, please bestow upon me, a warmed over 1965 396 BBC. Amen." My nightly prayer revealed. LOL

Welcome back Fred. Weren't you at the HAMB site for a while?
Any way, I hope you were able to make peace with Mike before he passed.
And OH MY GAWD how far off the pavement was that steering arm?
Two inches or so?
What are going to be the specs on the new Pope-mobil? Wheel base, length, etc.? Will it be more of a low rider or what? Maybe an extended body?
Don't take too long to put it together. summer is not too far off.
Last question.
What burned you out on Misbehavin? Get one of those extended bodies so you can stretch those legs out,

Be well and hear from you soon,

John

Welcome back Fred. Weren't you at the HAMB site for a while?
Any way, I hope you were able to make peace with Mike before he passed.
And OH MY GAWD how far off the pavement was that steering arm?
Two inches or so?
What are going to be the specs on the new Pope-mobil? Wheel base, length, etc.? Will it be more of a low rider or what? Maybe an extended body?
Don't take too long to put it together. summer is not too far off.
Last question.
What burned you out on Misbehavin? Get one of those extended bodies so you can stretch those legs out,

Be well and hear from you soon,

John

I'm still on the HAMB. I have great friends there, but I don't comment as much as I used to. Unless the topic is related to what I'm working on. I never contacted Mike after I got tossed out and I'm not going to have a discussion about someone that can't defend their opinion. My steering arm was about 4" from the pavement and I drove it daily without an issue. I put more miles on that car in a summer, than some guys do in a year. Never had an issue.

Plans? A stretched body, average wheel base, no bed, 4" dropped and drilled "I" beam axle, wishbones and ladder bars instead of traditional radius rods, chopped windshield, either a SBC or a BBC. That's my goal, in a summary. Will I reach it? Yep, but no way this summer. My first T Bucket was a learning experience. This one will be the sum of years of research, advice and opinions. It will probably be my last. In other words, it's gonna kick major ass.

Besides a financial set back, I just got tired of driving her. I found it easy to come up with reasons not to. That pic in my avatar is her being loaded on the trailer. No tears. When the new buyer left, I started planning the new one. But what I really missed was the time I spent building her. Honestly, those 2 years could be called the best of my life. The journey is very often better than the finish.

Happy New Year!

Welcome back! I always enjoyed reading your posts!

Welcome back! I always enjoyed reading your posts!

Then, hold on to yer boots! I ordered my frame from Ron this afternoon and when it arrives, I'll start my build thread. As I stated earlier, it'll go as fast or slow as I get parts or ask questions and seek advise from you guys. What can you expect...... lots of pics and step by step dialog.

Fred, what are the particulars for the frame build? Could there be a Jag rear end in the Mix?

John

I'm going with Rons frame. Check out his website. As far as a "Jag" rear? Dude, it wouldn't handle what I have planned.

Heck Fred , if you're gonna put a BB in it , might as well go 454 , same size/weight..
dave
AFA the jag rear , there's a few guys running blown small blocks w/them ...500 + ponies !!

Last time I spoke with Ron Pope, about Jag Rear Ends, he was not willing to make a frame for one.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back