Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi Guy's!

JetMech727

My name is Jim and I'm just getting my feet wet again after an 11 year hiatus. Kids were young and life happens as we all know, so cars had to take the back seat. Well the oldest is out of the house now and in his last year of college. Youngest is a senior in HS and I think he is going to take the military rout as I did. So things are slowing down again and time for dad to have some "Me" time again.

My last car was a 32 Ford rolling on a Pete & Jakes chassis, Show Me Rod & Custom body, Duvall windshield, Chevy fastburn 385 w/ZZ 430 cam package, Curry 9", Turbo 350 w/3000 stall converter, ultra leather interior done by Chuck Rowland at Car and paint and flames done by Bob Landers at Carefree Highway Trucking. Basically my dream car. It's home is now somewhere in Houston. My car before that was a Total Performance "T" that I loved but helped me stair step my way into the 32. I've always had a soft spot for T-buckets and want to put another one together. I am now looking at the various manufacturers with kits currently on the market. From what I understand TP sold out to Speedway so I'm looking at them, Spirit & RPM. I also just learned that Okie Street Rod is right in my backyard so I will pay them a visit as well. I really want one stop shopping on this ride so I can get it up and going quickly. It would be nice to have it going for some fall rod runs.

Well thanks for listening and I'm sure I'll have some questions for you veterans along the way.

Jim

Welcome to the forum from Yukon, OK !!!

Welcome from St Louis, Jim! This is not your first 'rodeo', so you'll be ahead of the game compared to me. All the vendors you see on this board offer quality products. I happened to go with Spirit and am not sorry, but all have their advantages and benefits. Post some pics after you cross the '10-post-hurdle' and show us what you're thinking.
T-Bucket2.JPG

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Indycars, nice to see a fellow Oklahoman on here. I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually. Spanky, St. Louis isn't that far either. While this won't be my first car to build I still have a ton of industry news to catch up on. Trends and what not.

Hulkamania, I actually have a catalog on it's way from you guy's. It's much easier to look at a hard copy rather than trying to do it all from my phone or comp. I like the fact you guy's are close enough that I can make some trips up to see you and pick the big stuff up. Did I read that you supply a title with you're kits? I ended up buying clear titles for my last 23 & 32 to avoid the hassle of getting a builders title here in Oklahoma and paying their exorbitant taxes. Can't remember where I got them though. Somewhere back east I think?

Jim

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Indycars, nice to see a fellow Oklahoman on here. I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually. Spanky, St. Louis isn't that far either. While this won't be my first car to build I still have a ton of industry news to catch up on. Trends and what not.

Hulkamania, I actually have a catalog on it's way from you guy's. It's much easier to look at a hard copy rather than trying to do it all from my phone or comp. I like the fact you guy's are close enough that I can make some trips up to see you and pick the big stuff up. Did I read that you supply a title with you're kits? I ended up buying clear titles for my last 23 & 32 to avoid the hassle of getting a builders title here in Oklahoma and paying their exorbitant taxes. Can't remember where I got them though. Somewhere back east I think?

Jim

Yes we offer a MSO or we can offer an Arkansas title through the state. Catalog is on the way

Hi Jim and welcome from Hinton Ok. I have a Spirit extended '23 body if you want to see their quality. I have seen their operation and can recommend them. Have you seen their "live at 11.05" things on Facebook?

Welcome from Wisconsin. We love pictures of projects in process. A lot of good info on this site. Helped me a lot.

Hulkamania, great! Sounds like an easier way to go. Thanks for the catalog and I'll be in touch once I look through it.

Old round fart, where is Hinton? Might just take you up on the offer. Thanks for the recommendation. I don't FB, tweet or do any of the other social media stuff, so no, I've not seen what your talking about.

Thanks for the awesome welcome guys.

Jim

choppedtop, cool! Everyone still hang out at Sonic / Brookside on Saturday night? Wonder if we know each other from back when I still had a car? How long you been roding? You know Bob Hindman, Doyle & Linda Groat, Loui Wort to name a few. I lost track of everyone when I sold my car and the kids were heavy into sports.

Jim

Hey Jetmech727, my neighbor is a jet mechanic. Retired from the Air Force, working at Tinker Air Base as a contractor now.

Indycars, very cool. Tell him I said thank you for his service to our country. I spent 4 years in the AF working on F15's. I now work on the busses (Boeing 737 / MD80) for American Airlines here in Tulsa. I've spent most of my adult life working airplanes to pay the bills and hot rods in my spare time to forget about them. Lol

I like the pic of your car btw.

Jim

Thanks Jim !!!

It would be nice to have it going for some fall rod runs.
There is a NTBA TBucket event at the Lake of the Ozarks on September 7th-9th if you would like look/drive or possible ride with someone. Sometimes there is an open seat, at least part of the time. There was about 20 TBuckets last year.

I might be going thru Tulsa on the 6th, on my way there. Not completely sure at this time if I'm going.

Lake of the Ozarks Info - National T-Bucket Alliance

Indycars, thanks for the info. I've put it on my calendar. We'll see where I'm at when time gets closer.

Thanks for the welcome TedB & EWTALLEY.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back