Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi. New guy here.

Eddie

Hi all. Just joined this group. Hope to be here for a long time.
I don't have a rod yet but should start a build within 6 months. Plan to take about 2 years with the build.
For the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of research on frames, bodies, suspension. Still have not decided on anything. I'm sure you know how it goes, the more you know the more confusing things get.

This will be my first real "Rod" but I've been messing with cars for a while. I'm sure I'll be asking for advise on several issues as things progress.

Would like to meet any local people (Arizona).

Ed.

Lots of Hot Rod people in Arizona,,,,,,Welcome from the state to the east...NM........There is a FUN RUN in the planning stages for Flagstaff area in June on the way to the Nats in Carson City NV.....Stay tuned....

Arizona where? We are in Tucson, and BTW, welcome.

Welcome from St Louis, Ed. Do you have a 'style' in mind for your bucket?

Nothing you could call a "style". Just a few ideas of how I want the mechanicals done. I like to be 'different' but also want to keep the traditional rod look.

Arizona where? We are in Tucson, and BTW, welcome.

I'm in the greater Phoenix area. I'll be going to as many shows and cruise-ins as I can get to in the next few months. Hopefully talk to other T bucket owners.

"Nothing you could call a "style". Just a few ideas of how I want the mechanicals done. I like to be 'different' but also want to keep the traditional rod look."

That's great! After years of looking at other guy's cars, I created a mental image of what I wanted my T to look like, and stuck by my 'dream' to achieve a ride that suits me. After all, I'm the one who has to live with it!!!
T-bucket ID2b.jpg

To everyone, thanks for the welcomes. Too many to reply to each one.

"Nothing you could call a "style". Just a few ideas of how I want the mechanicals done. I like to be 'different' but also want to keep the traditional rod look."

That's great! After years of looking at other guy's cars, I created a mental image of what I wanted my T to look like, and stuck by my 'dream' to achieve a ride that suits me. After all, I'm the one who has to live with it!!!
View attachment 13171
It would be sad if everyone did the same thing and all T Buckets looked the same. That doesn't mean being extreme or radical, just a fresh approach.

You will find no two are alike.
From a distance they may look alike but even the ones guys buy from the pro builder shops ..people put their own twist on things.

How do you like Arizona? I've been there twice for emergency surgery on my wife with doctor Spetzler, but not enough time or frame of mind to get a feel for it. We have been looking at property around lake Havasu, thinking about downsizing in the next few years after last child finishes college. As far as style, it's interesting how many varieties of the same basic thing are out there. I like individuality too.

Welcome from Wisconsin. If you plan on building from scratch, there are a lot of smart guys on this site that can help with info. I don't have the skills to build from scratch so I went the other rout and bought frame and body etc. from CCR. The other one I was looking at was Spirit. They both have good points and it was a tough choice for me to make. It boiled down to I like the looks of the frame set up from CCR. Several of the guys have had good luck with RPM so any of these three will help make our dream come true. Enjoy seeing pictures of our build as you go.

How do you like Arizona? I've been there twice for emergency surgery on my wife with doctor Spetzler, but not enough time or frame of mind to get a feel for it. We have been looking at property around lake Havasu, thinking about downsizing in the next few years after last child finishes college. As far as style, it's interesting how many varieties of the same basic thing are out there. I like individuality too.
Hope your wife is doing good. I didn't move to AZ by choice. It's way too hot for me. Everything (and I mean everything) is the same brown color. There is no grass, just asphalt, concrete and gravel. It's flat. What they call 'mountains' are nothing more than bumps. If there was any way I could get out of here I'd be gone. I've been here about 7 years and never been outside the metro area so I have no idea what Lake Havasu is like.

Some people love it here. You might be one of them.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back