Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

High Speed T Front end

Actually, you are being very smart to use wood. I have used 2 x 4 lumber a few times to get the look and fit I want because it approximates the size of the real tubing you will be using, it is cheap, and you can cut it up and screw it back together until you get the exact fit you want. I recommend this a lot to people starting to build a frame from scratch.

Side note on fuel altereds. Wild Willy Borsch used to drive one handed, with one hand resting on the side of the body. Everybody thought he was just being cool. In one interview he said it wasn't because of that. He was hanging on for dear life!! :eek::eek::rofl::D

Don

Back in my younger/dumber whiskey days, I had an old family friend ask me to drive his new toy, an original 1956 top fuel dragster. This was back in 88, and it had a de-stroked 400, using a 302 chevy crank (same journal size as 350 using a crank bearing shim kit), pretty big cam, double hump heads......nothing very fancy, just a good built motor but man that engine would rev quick with that short stroke. Anyhow, I made two passes with it.....my first.....and last.....all at the same time! I darn near rolled it right at the line. The right front bicycle wheel came apart right at the stripe and so did my boxers.........now tell my why again I want to build a drag bucket?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back