Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Horizontal shock mounting

Is there a way to adjust the springs on your setup?

(PS - Welcome aboard! Go to the "Introductions" page and introduce yourself to get a proper WELCOME from this gang!)

On some opposed front ends the 'cones' at each end were/are on a thread. These cones can be turned to adjust the ride height.

Need pics to know if yours is like that.

Boy I miss Gab, youngster, Bill and Ted. These guys were the fabric of Ts.

Hi Lindy,
Here is a picture of the kit Dan Woods used to sale. As Gerry mentioned, you should be able to lengthen or shorten the heims joint to adjust your ride height. I have never been able to find out what springs Dan used on his cars and kits. When I get around to actually building my car, I am going to be using a heavily modified horizontal shock in combination with a spring. QA1 has a 1-7/8” ID spring that is about 2-5/8” OD. You can order it in chrome in 4 lengths and a number of different spring rates. There is a chance that they have something that will work for you if you don’t have enough adjustment on your existing setup.1.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg
Bill

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 34
  • QA1Coil Spring chart.jpg
    QA1Coil Spring chart.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 35
  • P1060504.JPG
    P1060504.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 34
  • P1060501.JPG
    P1060501.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 34
  • QA1 Shocks.jpg
    QA1 Shocks.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 34
I had my front and rear springs wound to the weight of the car, length of the cranks etc. Fronts worked out just about right but I dont like the number of winds. I will have some more made with more winds and tighter coils.

frt end view.JPG

On some opposed front ends the 'cones' at each end were/are on a thread. These cones can be turned to adjust the ride height.

Need pics to know if yours is like that.

Boy I miss Gab, youngster, Bill and Ted. These guys were the fabric of Ts.

Gerry,

I have always been impressed with the front end on your car. It is by far the nicest of any of the Woods inspired front suspensions. It is so clean with many subtle things that make it stand out from the rest. Flush fasteners, no threads showing anywhere, using only internal threads with no nuts, the way the front spring perch smoothly flows into the frame, the tapered axle ends, the contour and finish work the spring bell cranks.

Nicely done…

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back