Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hot Rod Bucket

Jim,

That sure looks like a very stout front spring. Have you driven this car yet with that
spring, I'm thinking you will want to remove some of those leafs. Just a guess.

Jim,

That sure looks like a very stout front spring. Have you driven this car yet with that
spring, I'm thinking you will want to remove some of those leafs. Just a guess.
It looks tougher than it is I think. It is pretty mushy when you manually push up and down on the front end. Haven't driven it yet but am willing to take some of those out if it is too stiff. Most of those leafs are almost 100 years old off of a real 1920 something T. They have understandably aged and apparently lost some muscle. I just love them for the nostalgia.

Like they say, looks can be deceiving. Hope it works for you!

I hope you have enough travel in the shocks , I have friction shocks and have adjusted them twice already
And I am avoiding bad roads I learned that the hard way . But it's a good test nothing came apart

I don't have any mufflers and it's not that bad unless I put my foot in it and I never do that much

I am running hard lines for transmission cooling to the radiator. It appears that the connections on my radiator are set up for 3/16 line. The 700R4 appears to be set up the same. Anybody running 3/16 size line for transmission cooling to the radiator?

If you use a separate cooler, the lines will be much shorter and easier to fabricate. It
also has the added bonus of reducing the load on the radiator allowing the engine to
run cooler. I'm running 1/2" or -8 AN lines to my cooler. Ideally you want the
transmission fluid to run about 175° F.

TCI Transmission Life Expectancy

trans_life_expectancy.jpg

FP01_CoolerLines_6172.jpg
FP01_CoolerLines_6173.jpg

I sent an email to you," windshield posts", as you requested. cooter is another good source for windshield post installation. I basically copied is technique.

Oh man am I interested in how those front spring work out. I love how they are hidden behind the headlights.
How short are you shocks? And where did you get them from?

seats and shifter1.jpg Took out the front two driveshaft hoops and replaced with a square driveshaft cover. Left the rear, most important, hoop alone as it is located outside the bucket. Set up the driveshaft cover so the shifter would be in the right spot. Seat brackets are tacked in place. Now that I have a nice "square" driveshaft hump to play with, I plan to cover it with sheet aluminum just like the floor. I have never even ridden in a T-bucket but this one is beginning to look more and more like a go-cart on steroids.

Attachments

• seats and shifter.jpg
    seats and shifter.jpg
    905.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back