Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hot Rod Bucket

I went to the sellers store & found a gray pair for the same price as your seats. $149.00 + $85.00 shipping. OUCH !!

rad hose gas line.jpg rad hose gas line2.jpg
Got the entire fuel line plumbed in. And kudos to whomever had the Gates lower radiator hose number pictured on the forum as I ordered that specific hose and BANG, it fit perfect and allowed room for the fuel line. Thanks much forum dwellers!!! This thing is moving along. Tomorrow, transmission cooler lines.
brake 1.jpg
Put the brake pedal in. The master cylinder is behind it on the other side of the firewall.
brake 2.jpg
The remote res is on the engine side of the firewall, tucked in nicely. I was going to run this the other direction and put the MC under the seat but the pedal geometry worked out poorly running it in that direction. The transmission cooler is on the front of the radiator behind the grill.

Last edited:
Built some brackets for the Water and Oil out on the engine. Heads up display. Of course they are not bolted in yet and have not be aligned but you should get the idea.

gauges1.jpg gauges2.jpg gauges3.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Jim. I see you have some Lakester's on her. I see now why you were biased towards mine. Any thoughts on exhaust options? I plan to revisit mine when the weather turns.

Looking good Jim. I see you have some Lakester's on her. I see now why you were biased towards mine. Any thoughts on exhaust options? I plan to revisit mine when the weather turns.
These are the cheapest Lakes I could find to install so that if I abandon them, I don't lose too much. I will either rot them out and replace them with a good set or replace them with a hand made custom set with a bigger muffler built in. All depends on the sounds. Plan to fire it up this weekend if all goes right.

I know pics can be deceiving, when it comes to trying to estimate distances and such, but that pic of the remote res makes it look like you really need to make a heat shield to keep the header pipe from melting it, especially when you shut down after a good run with a hot pipe and there's no airflow.

From the perspective of the pic, it just looks like you might lose your brakes when you need them most.

lines2 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG brake lines (3) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

go remote.

I know pics can be deceiving, when it comes to trying to estimate distances and such, but that pic of the remote res makes it look like you really need to make a heat shield to keep the header pipe from melting it, especially when you shut down after a good run with a hot pipe and there's no airflow.

From the perspective of the pic, it just looks like you might lose your brakes when you need them most.

The res is a little below the header pipe and the corner of it is 2.75 inches from the header. Looks too close, you think?
plastic res.jpg

Maybe a heat shield mounted on your steering box mount and/or heat tape insulation on 2"-3" of that back exhaust tube?

Oh, what was the PN# on that rad. hose?

The res is a little below the header pipe and the corner of it is 2.75 inches from the header. Looks too close, you think?
View attachment 17344

I tend to err on the side of over-engineering a bit . . . but if it were mine, I'd have some sheet stainless steel heat shielding in place, and have my infrared temp gun handy at startup to keep a watch on the plastic res surface temp until I was sure all would be OK..

Agree with that, a stainless shield in front of that reservoir and you won't have a problem. I've done the same on my Clubman where the exhaust is close to the Alternator plug, works a treat.

Maybe a heat shield mounted on your steering box mount and/or heat tape insulation on 2"-3" of that back exhaust tube?

I tend to err on the side of over-engineering a bit . . . but if it were mine, I'd have some sheet stainless steel heat shielding

I built a stainless shield as suggested and covered it with that gold reflective heat tape stuff. Small but effective looking. Also decided to run my plug wires below the headers for a cleaner look. (this pic is not the final version) The wires fit nicely right behind the new res heat shield. Win. win. Failed at starting it up today due to evil forces but still working on it. Took it down off the stands and forgot how LOW it really is. Since I can't post a vid of the start up, a current low-rider picture is in order.
low rider.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back