Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How about some video?

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
VIP Member
Supporting Member
We've added a new function to the forum - the ability to embed YouTube and Google Video directly into forum posts.

Here is a Google Video example. There is a video from the 2006 Hot Rod Reunion at Bowling Green, KY located at this URL - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3361267856479076463&q=street+rod

If you look at the video URL, you will see some characters following docid= which is the video's ID number. That is all we are interested in, just that ID.

The secret is the use of the BB Code tags. Characters that are enclosed in square brackets [] are capable of applying some other code in the background. I cannot type the codes out, as they will try to apply themselves, so pay close attention.

[type "gv" in here without quotes]-3361267856479076463&q=street+rod[type "/gv" in here without quotes]

[gv]-3361267856479076463&q=street+rod[/gv]

OK, now here is the example for a Spirit Industries YouTube video, located at this URL -

If you look at the video URL, you will see some characters following v= which is the video's ID number. That is all we are interested in, just that ID.

The secret is the use of the BB Code tags. Characters that are enclosed in square brackets [] are capable of applying some other code in the background. I cannot type the codes out, as they will try to apply themselves, so pay close attention.

[type "yt" in here without quotes]Mp_K1wEb4v4[type "/yt" in here without quotes]

[yt]Mp_K1wEb4v4[/yt]

I hope everyone will enjoy this added feature.

Hi odie! Yeah, I like to watch them myself. Bowling Green was always one of my favorite tracks, too. It's about a 5 hour drive south of here, but we used to rent the place to test in the early spring, as it was always about 10 - 15 warmer down that way.

Have you ever been up to the track up in the Florence/Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals area? We raced there a couple of times in the very early 80's.

no i haven't, the only track i have been to in alabama is a little hole in the wall called lynn dragstrip. i have been in alabama for about 23 years. before i got married and moved we ran a few cars at a track called eastex in texas and even took a car to the cajun nats got put on the trailer for breaking out and no roll cage. most of the cars and trucks that i have now are street machines.

odie

Ya know Mike, I read and reread your tutorial on inserting Youtube videos, and I still don't understand it. I am very computer challenged. What is confusing me, on every other forum I simply highlight and copy the youtube www. thingie then come to the post I am doing and paste it. Why does that not work here? When I left click to paste, the screen is not the usual one I always get that has the word paste in it.

Sorry to be a pain, but I bet a lot of others will start having trouble trying this too.

Don

donsrods said:
Ya know Mike, I read and reread your tutorial on inserting Youtube videos, and I still don't understand it. I am very computer challenged. What is confusing me, on every other forum I simply highlight and copy the youtube www. thingie then come to the post I am doing and paste it. Why does that not work here? When I left click to paste, the screen is not the usual one I always get that has the word paste in it.

Sorry to be a pain, but I bet a lot of others will start having trouble trying this too.

Don

I believe the difference is you can link to utube or google and it would open a new window and you'd see the video.. they way they are doing it here, it's actually embedded into the message and you see it play out in the message.. very cool!

For example, while not car related, this video is great... an entire wedding party practiced this for weeks to pull this off... been viewed over 5 million times so far... kick in the butt

[yt]OPmYbP0F4Zw[yt]

joes23t said:
Heres a sample of my t

WHOA yea!:food: Nice! I know they aren't too good on gas, but NOTHIN' says, "I'm gonna throw tire dust in your grill!" like a freakin' blower!:welxome:

Nice job, bro! I just added that to my favorites. I have a nice collection going.

10 miles to the gal and high test up to $3.05 the bucket bash 1000 miles away :sad: but i think the experiance would be priceless. :food:

Saaaaawwwwweeet!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back