Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

how do I upload a PDF, then imbed it, find it and read it in my post?

You don't. And that's the entire answer. ;)

You can upload a .pdf, but it will not display inline. It appear as a downloadable file (for forum members), but it will not display inline. If you want it to display inline, convert it to a .jpg and wrap it in IMG tags to display it as an image.

If you do not have the ability to convert the file to a .jpg, contact me via Personal Conversation and I'll get you an e-mail address you can send the .pdf to. I'll convert it and send it back to you. If you want to convert it on your own, I recommend using GIMP for the job. It's a free download and is available for all operating systems.

Let me know if I can help you out.

Mike, what are you doing up at this hour? I just uploaded my PDF, can you go see if you can read it. Thanks, Kerry

It seems to appear in a window at the bottom of the page. Wonder why I see it, but you don't? Do I need to create a link to it and put that in my post? When I upload it, where on the site does it go?

A window at the bottom of what page? Maybe you are seeing it because you know where to look and I do not? No, you do not need to create a link. When you upload it, the file is uploaded to a directory on the server.

Attachments

• index.txt
    31 bytes · Views: 6
I know I'm making this more complicated than it must be.
Ding, ding, ding. You hit the nail, right on the thumb.

Just upload the file, sit back, relax and let the software do its thing. It's just that easy.

OK, before you start uploading that .pdf into multiple threads where it doesn't need to be, let's sort out where it is meant to be and where it is not. Do you want that file to be in your Big Redo of the Old Bucket thread? If yes, then we are good to go. If no, I will delete it from that thread and you can upload it to the thread where you want it. Please advise.

Yes. that's the one. So you can see the file and click it and read it now? When I try that, it redirects me to the file on my PC. But I don't care, so long as other members can read the file that's on the site. Thanks, Mike, I am donating one million dollars to the site...as soon as I win that damn lottery.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back