Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

how to change bulbs

bobby6319

i have the 39/40 ford tear drops with blue dots how do you get the bulbs out? do you have to straighten out the bezel to get them apart? wanna replace the bulbs with the led light bulbs any body done this?

I'm guessing you'll need to remove the light assemblies to change the bulbs. Probably two nuts on the backside to remove then entire assembly comes off the body. Just my guess.

I'm guessing you'll need to remove the light assemblies to change the bulbs. Probably two nuts on the backside to remove then entire assembly comes off the body. Just my guess.
i looked at them before i put them in and the chrome ring is crimped all the way around the housing

I solved that problem by changing to LED teardrops from Shiny-Hiney.com. The nice thing about them is that they have very minimal thickness. Less than 1/2" if I remember correctly. The bad thing about them is the price.

Jeff

I solved that problem by changing to LED teardrops from Shiny-Hiney.com. The nice thing about them is that they have very minimal thickness. Less than 1/2" if I remember correctly. The bad thing about them is the price.

Jeff

Jeff,

One more good thing, since they are LED, they won't burn out in your lifetime.

Bob

i have the 39/40 ford tear drops with blue dots how do you get the bulbs out? do you have to straighten out the bezel to get them apart? wanna replace the bulbs with the led light bulbs any body done this?

I have the same lights to me after you flip them over you have to use a small flat blade to pry the outside housing apart

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back