Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Howdy from Minnesota!

Yankee John

Hello all! Been reading the great threads here and getting excited to do a T-bucket. I started a 27 roadster (Speedway body, early 315 Dodge Hemi) when I was in college almost 30 years ago, but sold it so I could buy a 70 Dodge Challenger RT/SE project car. Luckily the fellow I sold my pile of parts to got it on the road, and he is still driving it! I have the GN in my avatar pic- It's my baby but I need another project.

Driving up to Cromwell Molding Co. at the end of next month and picking up a body, grill, and 20" bed. Chassis will most likely be an inexpensive Speedway basic one. Thinking a 383 Chrysler motor, since I still have a few parts left over from the Challenger.

Looking forward to learning and checking out your great t-buckets!

John

383 are cool! Strong, stout and sound good. It seems like everybody with a Mopar says it is a 440. I wonder how many actually are?

Welcome.

Welcome! Depending on what parts you have left over, it may be better to build a 440. Its a better engine overall and some parts are interchangeable. There are more go-fast and aftermarket parts available too. In any case you can't go wrong ;)

Welcome from northern Illinois.

Welcome,there is a lot of great people here with a lot of information and advice. Where in Minnesota are you located?
I'm in Farmington.

Welcome from Indy!
We're building a budget T from one of the Cromwell bodies right now. If you are interested, look for 'Purple Powder Pickup' in the Project Builds section of the forum.

I'll check it out, Thank you! Cromwell did the later fiberglass work for MAS, before they went under.

Welcome from Indy!
We're building a budget T from one of the Cromwell bodies right now. If you are interested, look for 'Purple Powder Pickup' in the Project Builds section of the forum.

I'll check it out, Thank you! Cromwell did the later fiberglass work for MAS, before they went under.
They are not bad bodies for the price, but have a few flaws that will require a bit of extra work. The biggest issue is the sag in the cowl that is a tick over 1/4" in the middle. If you mounted a windshield without fixing this, there would be a pretty significant gap a the bottom. See pics below here we had to make a screed with some aluminum angle and leveled this area with fiberglass reinforced filler.

Most excellent pics- Thank you for the heads up and remedy for this issue Ben! By the way, What windshield posts are you using? They seem to fit the cowl very well.

John

I bought them as old, but not used, off eBay- not sure whose they are. The are cast "Top Notch" inside the posts. They fit ok from the front- I had to do some filling on the dash side.

Hi Yank. I'm in Woodbury. Be sure to come to the Back To The 50's show, and the NTBA Nats is in Green Bay, WI this year and I'll be there.

Hello all! Been reading the great threads here and getting excited to do a T-bucket. I started a 27 roadster (Speedway body, early 315 Dodge Hemi) when I was in college almost 30 years ago, but sold it so I could buy a 70 Dodge Challenger RT/SE project car. Luckily the fellow I sold my pile of parts to got it on the road, and he is still driving it! I have the GN in my avatar pic- It's my baby but I need another project.

Driving up to Cromwell Molding Co. at the end of next month and picking up a body, grill, and 20" bed. Chassis will most likely be an inexpensive Speedway basic one. Thinking a 383 Chrysler motor, since I still have a few parts left over from the Challenger.

Looking forward to learning and checking out your great t-buckets!

John

Yankee John , I am building a Cromwell bodied low rider T at this time, I live in Paynesville. Text to 612 709 6009. dirtydingus.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back