Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I got kicked off the drag strip!

Yep, they are working sweet! I also added a spool and I'm really liking that too. It seems to handle good on the street also.

Yes it's true. I got kicked off the drag strip for doing 136 mph in the quarter mile. LOL
You had to see that one coming ! :eek:

Was that full out or did you still have something left ?

years ago we had a 55 chevy that ran strong, but we had to keep it slower then 11.50 or put it on the trailer. it got put there a lot. car wasn't ours so we couldn't install a roll bar.

It was still climbing. I'm not sure where I was in the RPM range. I think I was somewhere between 5500 and 6000. All my concentration was on that black strip of road in front of me. LOL
Seems people with the same last name have similar infinity for speed !

I've thought many times I would risk it all for a chance to race at the Indy 500 !!!

I'm not a fan of sports that only require ONE ball.

That's cool though. What do you have, if anything? What would you need to do to run again?

I’ve been wondering if the local track would let me run mine. Not sure I want to line up next to some of these young kids though..

"Yes it's true. I got kicked off the drag strip for doing 136 mph in the quarter mile. LOL
They said I don't have the proper safety equipment to go that fast. Maybe so, but it was fun while it lasted!"
I love this , What was the time you run

I raced at a event on Route 66 in El Reno Oklahoma. The video below happened in 2015 and
they are still holding the Small Town Weekend every year.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back