Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I posted earlier "What 2wd front axle do I have"?

TOM PRYOR

Posted last week to get eyeballs on my unknown vintage 4 1/2' dropped axle with perch pads. It was given to me with transverse springs, spindles, bendix disc brakes and all steering linkage. That said I'm not waiting for the birth origin of this axle.......I WILL USE IT!

To that end I have created a concept drawing any one who wishes to give me direction.
I purchased a frame and bucket about 6 mos ago. The frame is 1 1/2 X 3 cross section. The outside dimension at the front is 22" where the eliptical axle cross member will attach to the frame. That cross member will be 3/8" plate thru bolted and welded to the frame. I will cut the traverse springs and fabricated into elipticals. My plant is secure the spring at both ends in a fixed manner using the spring perches and u bolts that were original to this Axle. I could do a traditional attachment method at the axle and fabricate a detail plate on top of the perch pad to accomplish this..

Welcome from Ocala, Florida. This is the place to come to get answers to your questions, just stand by and someone will help you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back