Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ideas for steps?

ChrisK

Anybody got good Ideas for steps? I'm thinking of putting one on the passenger side but haven't figured out where or how close to the side pipe I want to mount it.
25DFC9A5-D526-4EDD-8C21-75631A93BBCC.jpg

Chris what is the size and spread of your radius rods next to where you bolt them to the frame.......These photos are what I did for my short wife......The are mounted on the radiusDSCN2362.JPG DSCN2365.JPG rods and worked real good......

Spanky you are faster than me...........Thanks so I won't have to look for them.......I still have the brackets and if they will fit I might let them go.........

Chris what is the size and spread of your radius rods next to where you bolt them to the frame.......These photos are what I did for my short wife......The are mounted on the radiusView attachment 13295 View attachment 13296 rods and worked real good......
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but how do those window wing wind deflectors work? Like them? Do they deflect the wind away from the passengers? Maybe I'll start a new thread to survey opinions.

Fletcherson I will never have a Bucket without wing windows......Yes they sure help deflect the wind from the inside of the car.....I really like them but my "Wife" "really" likes them, & I have not been married for 53 years without listening to her.........she is why my car has Fenders also............the money is half hers so most of the time gets what she wants.....LOL..........

Fletcherson I will never have a Bucket without wing windows......Yes they sure help deflect the wind from the inside of the car.....I really like them but my "Wife" "really" likes them, & I have not been married for 53 years without listening to her.........she is why my car has Fenders also............the money is half hers so most of the time gets what she wants.....LOL..........
My wife and her hair is what prompted the question!

There is a good thread already here with lots of step info. Here is what I built.

Regarding wings, my Cobra has them and when they make a huge difference. On the bucket I am sure it would depend on the height of your windshield.

Thanks for the great Ideas guys. The radius rod diameter is .875". So I might be able to come up with something similar to what you guys posted. Those aluminum steps for a mid fifties ford f-100?

Chris what is the measurement from center to center of those radius rods about 6 inches back from the front mounting bolt. If these that I made will fit, they are yours if you want to pay the shipping.....Let me know....

Center to center comes to 3.0625". These are the speedway ones.

I am thinking they may be a bit larger but I will measure in the AM & get back to you.....

Looks like they are a bit smaller than your rods but the top hole is drilled at an angle so you may be able to re-drill the top one to fit you rods.......They are yours if you want to pay the 12 bucks to ship them? send me an address on a PM and I will get them packed up......DSC00943.JPG DSC00944.JPG

I have seen a couple with either the Ford oval logo or Ford script cast which I like, and really like the idea of mounting to the radius rods which I never really thought about.....great idea! Usually I've seen them mounted to the frame, but, if you have a channel body it rules this option out. The ones I mentioned are small but, serve the purpose of lending a step into the bucket. They are smaller and not so in your face as the square Ford steps pictures above....nothing against those type in anyway. Just another idea......

I was sure I would provide a step on each side of my bucket. I bought a couple step pads that I thought would be suitable. My "to do" list is quite long and steps is down there. Now, this thread has me thinking. I have a really stupid question. How does one enter a T-Bucket using a step? Like mounting a horse or a bicycle? Seems really awkward. Maybe a twisted knee or busted butt. I have decided to try keeping the car low so it will be less difficult. I am not as sure about the need for a step. I could use some advise.

I have decided to try keeping the car low so it will be less difficult. I am not as sure about the need for a step. I could use some advise.

This was my solution: keep it low! And that was driven more by my desire to have it look right, not thinking about egress/ingress issues. As it turns out, I just swing my leg over the side, and haul my butt into the seat, holding the steering wheel.:rolleyes::D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back