Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

IE warning... downloading of files blocked?

Lee_in_KC

Mike, have you changed something on the site in the last 24 hours? Suddenly I am getting this message when a page from T-Bucketeers opens... "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your comuter. Click here for options..." I have not changed anything on my computer since my last visit to T-Bucketeers, when I didn't get the warning.

Mike, have you changed something on the site in the last 24 hours? Suddenly I am getting this message when a page from T-Bucketeers opens... "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your comuter. Click here for options..." I have not changed anything on my computer since my last visit to T-Bucketeers, when I didn't get the warning.

Mine too Mike & Lee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't think I changed any thing either.......

Mike

Same here.........ruggs

I have Firefox and am experience no problems.

Jim

I'm running Windows 7, Firefox 3.6.6 and IE 9.0.7930.16406

Firefox is my default browser (I normally only use IE for work email).
I have no problem with Firefox so I tried this site on IE.

This was what popped up: Do you want to open or save xd_proxy.css from static.ak.fbcdn.net?

Hopefully that message will assist Mike.... (edit... I in no way meant anyone else's messages weren't helpful)

Joe

OFJ
Why doesn't it surprise me your a MAC guy!!!!
Gerry

"I use Firefox at home, but we aren't allowed to install it on our company machines!"

I have a web browser that runs from a jump drive... there are ways around not being able to install another browser.

I've no idea of what is happening on this one. I've made no changes to the site in the last 3-4 days. The last change made was to upgrade a script that monitors spider traffic and guests from search engines traffic.

I feel cheap and defiled at the moment, because I'm logged in here with IE 9. :winkn: But I'm not having any problems, unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to describe.

ie1.png

ie2.png

ie3.png

ie4.png

I'm not having any problems opening any pages. I can view pages with attachment thumbnails, I can view the thumbnails at actual size and I can watch embedded YouTube videos. I can log into the Admin CP with no problems and all the functions there are working as they should.

Is everyone still having the problem? I'll do some digging and see if I can figure out what is happening, but as the above screenshots show, I'm not having any problems with IE at all. Other than I feel like I need to go shower. :rofl:

hahaha... funny guy.

Sorry I never reported back.. been really sick.

I just tried it again. It seems to be working. Whatever you didn't do ;) fixed it.

Enjoy the shower,

Joe

Seems to be working fine now. FWIW - The message came up in a narrow band just under the navigation bar. I'm running IE8.

Mike

I'm running Windows 7, Firefox 3.6.6 and IE 9.0.7930.16406

Ahhhh, someone who knows how to help me trouble-shoot. Thank you, GJ. <closing eyes and savoring the moment>

I have no problem with Firefox so I tried this site on IE.

This was what popped up: Do you want to open or save xd_proxy.css from static.ak.fbcdn.net?
xd_proxy.css is a file served by Facebook. That gave me the clue I needed.

The Invision company forums experienced the same problem for a while, yesterday afternoon. But whatever was causing it has been fixed as they are now unable to duplicate it. It was occuring on specific pages, over there. I've tested the links and they work just fine for me.

So, is anyone still experiencing the problem? If you are, will you please check to see if the problem is happening on all pages, or on just specific pages? And if it is just specific pages, could you copy the link to me, so I can test it further? If you would please open a Support topic in the Support area, it will let me keep a closer eye on the potential problem, and to communicate directly with you.

If anyone has any questions on why I use commercial forum software, this is one of those reasons. Commercial software comes with commercial support.

"Ahhhh, someone who knows how to help me trouble-shoot. Thank you, GJ. <closing eyes and savoring the moment>"

You are most welcome.. :)
I've worked in IT since 1985 so I've had my share of that stuff.

If I was more with it I would have done more testing on multiple systems but this nasty nasty head and chest cold in my old, compromised body is taking its toll.

It's easier to re-build the steel T parts I have than fix this danged old human body.
Joe

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back