Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

In need of a dash

RocknT

I finely got my gauge's and need to build a dash to put them on ,,
I currently have a wood dash but would like to see or hear about other option's like fiber glass, metal , aluminum,,,??

vbpgimage.php

RocknT said:
I finely got my gauge's and need to build a dash to put them on ,,
I currently have a wood dash but would like to see or hear about other option's like fiber glass, metal , aluminum,,,??

vbpgimage.php

Speedway has a nice dash but a bit pricey its part number-900-2003 and its $99.99 Thats from the catalog #259

I like Alum it looks sweet . Remove the wood dash and take a pic so we can see what you have to mount to . I can see a piece of sheetmetal with a cool bead-roll and powdercoated red,white,silver with the gauges mounted.

Did mine in aluminum.
100_0080.jpg

This is a cut-down 32 Ford dash from RussNoMore Streetrods. This one came with my body package, but it may be available seperate. I think Spirit has one too.
DSCF1009.jpg

Mike

We have built several cars over the years. We have done a nice polished aluminum one. It was like driving with a mirror in your face. Seemed it always was reflecting the sun right back at ya.

Then we did a powder coated one in chrome with clear over it. It was not bad. But it sctracthed easy when you cleaned it.

The one we have now I like the best. It is just 14ga steel but it has the same coating on it as the headers.

P1010007.jpg

Ron that looks GOOOD, I am makeing mine out of aluminum diamond plate and then paint it a muted color to keep the shine down...Francis

Good Idea's ,,,Keep them coming ...

A better solution is to measure her A## and make her seat side 2 inches to narrow so she will stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some shots of my dash. The first is while under construction.

IMG_0225.jpg

This is in sealer.

MVC-0077.jpg

And the final product.

IMG_2906.jpg

Jim

Al is that a Heater in your ride????????? I love it!!! you do know the windows is open right. All kidding aside i bet that makes those cool mornings tolerable. Is their a thread on the heater assembly???????

Heater Install

rooster57 said:
Al is that a Heater in your ride????????? I love it!!! you do know the windows is open right. All kidding aside i bet that makes those cool mornings tolerable. Is their a thread on the heater assembly???????

Heater is very nice in those chilly mornings and evenings up in the the Pacific Northwest... Quick overview...

Made new firewall and added AN bulkhead fittings

Tbucletteardown045.jpg

the heater was designed for ducting, so I made a new cover that directs the heat left and right toward the feet...

Heaterinstall011.jpg

ran the heater hoses

Heaterinstall012.jpg

Made some brackets that I attached the hose clamps to... I used the holes that the exhaust manifold heat shield would attach to the block...

Heaterinstall003.jpg

Then into the firewall wall...

Heaterinstall004.jpg

Yes, I know... I can't believe I'm posting a picture with my engine that dirty, but it's what I had on file... it has of course been cleaned up since! :rofl:

That's about it... except to say I use it a lot!

:eek:
Gosh all mighty Guy's what works of art , Craftsmanship !!

rooster57 said:
A better solution is to measure her A## and make her seat side 2 inches to narrow so she will stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant. I didn't know you were an engineer Rooster.

Steve Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time. Al that is some real engineering those AN firewall fittings were very well placed. the brackets almost make the lines to the firewall invisable. Great work.

I'd be willing to bet a chunk of aluminum costs about the same as a chunk of mahogany? What's wrong with wood? Look for pictures of antique boat dash board for ideas. Chris Crafts, Gar Woods, Hacker Crafts have some beautiful instrument panels.

I'm a wooded boat restorer, so I'll throw these ideas at you. My T has a fiberglass dashboard...If it did not, I would be running a Mahogany dash similar to a Chris Craft Boat. You can stain it, paint it, varnish it,or clear coat it.

Tie both ideas together...How about a mahogany dash, with an aluminum, engine turned inlay.

Have fun!
HTWOODS

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back