Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Installing Brakes with Radir 12 spoke wheels - Question

Hi JP1.... Here is a picture of the back side of my Radir wheel. You can see how the rotor bolts directly to the wheel.20180902_115440.jpg
This is the stainless rotor from Speedway with the part#.20180902_115600.jpg 20180902_115637.jpg

I can't help but notice that the wheels say "DRAG RACE ONLY". Is anyone worried about that?
In a heavier car, maybe... not in one of these. My friend and I had a pretty detailed discussion about this when we were contemplating the mods to my spindle mounts. We were worried about sheering the rotor adapter bolts. Weight or the lack of it matters. I’m not sure these things would handle well enough to do any serious canyon carving or sideways g force driving and with narrow tires not a tremendous amount of braking force... that was the consensus that we arrived at anyways.

If your ever in an accident and it is your fault/or not the Insurance Company will have a legitimate/legal leg to stand up on and deny your claim especially if it's one of the big name companies. BTDT

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back