Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Insurance

JetMech727

Time for some insurance options. Currently I had my state farm agent write a policy so I could title & license the car. It is agreed value but only allows me 500 miles. I've used Sneed, Robinson & Gerber in the past but I've also heard good things about Hagerty.

Who are you using? Is it agreed value coverage? Did they require an apraisal? What kind of milage do they allow you? Premium cost?

Hagerty, I have three with them and I have had one claim and they paid off like a like a slot machine and let me do the work to the tune of 4 Grand. Mine are all agreed value the Bucket at 15 grand, the '27 T Sedan at 15 grand & my 56 Ford Pickup at 30 grand all for 680.00 per year. I never asked about mileage and it must be stored in a locked storage.
I had State Farm until they did not want to take my hot rods so I kissed them goodbye, then they wanted to rethink their position but it was too late and I was with them for all my insurance for about 35 years..

I had Hagerty but switched to Grundy for half the cost. I have no milage limit.

Jim

State Farm did the same to me , I had 9 policies w/ them , thought the agent was gonna bawl when I pulled out , I think hagerty jabbed me for $425+- for $20k agreed value , I know different states have different rules . Jim do you have rollback towing, garunteed to bring you home on your policy , and, if you don't , what did it cost you ,ballpark ???....

Just did an online quote with Hagerty and the online form did ask for estimated milage driven per year. I was quoted $438 / yr @ $25k agreed and it only pays the first 15 miles of towing. That was for an estimated 5k driven / yr. We'll see what a phone quote yields.

I will make some calls tomorrow and check around. First I've heard of Grundy though. Their online quote site was down so I will make them my first call.

Jerry I would have to look, but I think 100 grand/300 grand. even have rollback coverage to home/shop...Are we going to see you in Texas in May?...…..

There's another co . , Supposedly " Chrome" ( that's the name ??) Is reasonable ....

I had Chrome for a while but then they stopped writing in Florida.

Jim

Jerry I would have to look, but I think 100 grand/300 grand. even have rollback coverage to home/shop...Are we going to see you in Texas in May?...…..

Yes, we're planning to be there, already signed up. Took car back apart since we saw you last, frame and parts powder coated, body now at shop being painted.

State Farm did the same to me , I had 9 policies w/ them , thought the agent was gonna bawl when I pulled out , I think hagerty jabbed me for $425+- for $20k agreed value , I know different states have different rules . Jim do you have rollback towing, garunteed to bring you home on your policy , and, if you don't , what did it cost you ,ballpark ???....
I have two cars with Grundy. My '25 T has Comprehensive $31,500 $0 Deductible $95/yr. Collision $31,500 $0 Deductible $72/yr. As far as towing I have AAA which covers all of my rides.

Jim

As far as towing I have AAA which covers all of my rides.
That's a great price, do they guaranty a roll back for towing??? I've called for towing
twice now and both times the drivers were asking my approval for their capture of my car.

Last edited:
I have Hagerty for AGREED price of $25,000, all I had to do was send pics. No appraisal
required, thou I have heard that anything over $25K requires one.

Do a search on insurance, this is not the first time it's come up.

I have AAA premier so for whatever I have, they have to tow it all in.
Nothing left on the side of highway.

T-Bucket plus trailer.
Truck plus trailer no matter which one, 5X8--goose neck---car hauler--enclosed trailer--Camper trailer..
$176.00 per year

That's a great price, do they guaranty a roll back for towing??? I've called for towing
twice now and both times the drivers were asking my approval for their capture of my car.

I've had AAA since 1966 and any time I've needed a tow it has always been a roll back.

Jim

I have Hagerty for AGREED price of $25,000, all I had to do was send pics. No appraisal
required, thou I have heard that anything over $25K requires one.

Do a search on insurance, this is not the first time it's come up.
That's true , but insurance rates are a volatile market , so it's a good idea to compare what you're paying vs.what others are regularly ...

That's true , but insurance rates are a volatile market , so it's a good idea to compare what you're paying vs.what others are regularly ...

So true 2o2f. It also must be a state to state thing and what each requires.

I just got off the phone with Hagerty. I was quoted $428yr, 3000 mile limit, 60 mile towing limit / guaranteed rollback, bodily injury 250k / 500k, property damage 100k, medical 1k pp, uninsured 100k / 300k, 0 deductible on both comp & collision, 25k agreed. I have more than 30k invested but didn't go there yet. And as others have mentioned she said the milage was a guesstimation and no odometer reading was required. Basically the honor system. Grundy & Sneed were already closed so I will have to try them earlier tomorrow.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back