Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Interesting new electric fuel pump

where does it get the input from to know the engines need for fuel???

The pressure regulator in the return line is designed to pass a small constant flow of fuel back to the tank. When the engine draws more fuel, the flow decreases and the regulator signals the pump to ramp up to maintain the return flow, and thus the set pressure to the engine. Check Inventory | Fuelab and if you're really interested, look up the patent and dig into it.

I've been running mine for several years now. When you power up, the pump makes noise for a few seconds while it pressurizes the system. Then it goes silent, waiting for the engine to come on and need more fuel. And it only runs as fast as needed. Very slick bit of engineering.

I have a question about electric fuel pumps , i had one many years ago after it built pressure it turn off , this new one dose not seem to be turning off , I only have around 1.5 gallons in the tank could that be the problem , i do have gas to the carb jets , i havent started it yet due to know wheels on her yet > the pump came from Speedway and was around $90 i will get more info on it

Last edited:
New cars come with a shut off after a few seconds and the car was not started. NO oil pressure--NO gas-- if you will so the system wouldn't be pressurized all the time so as to NOT have fuel supply in case of wrecks and fires. Safety feature.

You can wire your pump into the oil pressure wiring to do the same.

Reactions: Guy
Hi, Guy. The pump you have will run constantly at a fixed speed. The only automatically variable-speed pumps I know of are the Fuelab, which work together with a Fuelab electronic regulator.

Reactions: Guy

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back