Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Interiors

old round fart

Just finished watching the 4 disk set from “ StreetRod 101” latest on building interiors. Bob Hamilton is the man for simplifying daunting tasks. I highly recommend this purchase. Best $25 bucks you can spend. Find it on T bucket plans.com.

I need to replace the foam in my seats. What does he recommend?

hemit01.jpg This is a better way to replace your foam...…..I'm just saying.....

Google is your friend. Most fabric stores have foam. Comes in sizes 1/2” - 6”. He used 5” but cut it lower in the seat and higher under the legs.

Like ORF said, there are multiple outlets on line , I bought 20 years ago at buyout store for real cheap, bought 6" thickness( that's what they had ) used my Band saw to cut the thickness's I wanted . I seem to remember that you're a big man Mark, so figure on higher density foam . ( No offence meant )
Watch your thickness's so you don't sit too high...

That is 5 inch and it is high Density cause my butt is pretty (well maybe not) big and 8 inch wheelbarrow tubes.....the valve stems come out the bottom so you can adjust the air...…..That has a 3/4 inch plywood base...….

He just drilled holes in 3/4” plywood and left about 3” under his butt and 5” under his legs. I’m going to cut a big hole and lace it with webbing so I can have a thin foam seat to sit as low as I can.

Tks for the video heads up ORF. I get my stuff at American Upholstery here in Tulsa. Always looking to learn more and got the set. :thumbsup:

2019-01-13 12.39.13.jpg

Last edited:
I usually use automotive 3" #50 for bottom w/webbing and 2" #40 for back. Definitely don't want to be using furniture foam. It will deteriorate and break down in short order out in the sun. Another consideration is once the foam is padded and covered it will firm up a tad.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back