Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Island girl

I propose I lead a party to St Croix to find out, do I have any financial backers ???

Haven't seen much from Island girl. Hope she hasn't given up on her build. Anybody know?

I propose I lead a party to St Croix to find out, do I have any financial backers ???

St. Croix report:

Not given up yet by any stretch

. . . but furloughed again from work due to Covid 19 shutdown, so making sure not to spend any $$ I don't have to until I have a real income again since there's no way to even guess how long this may drag on for. Unemployment without that extra $$$ from the feds doesn't go very far . . . maybe if they come up with a new plan that has at least some extra to go with unemployment, it'll be a little different perspective.

I did actually order a new car cover to replace the rag that's left of the first one and also ordered a new one for the Harley, as the old one was little more than a rag, so at least I'm taking care of the poor babies, even if I'm not making any real progress.

I do keep up here though, read all the new threads everyday, just haven't had much input to offer.

Looks like we have a tropical storm forming that'll run right over us, hopefully before it gets very strong. My heart goes out the poor folks from south Texas, so badly crippled by Covid and now flooded out by Hanna.

I just put up 14 of the last 18 hurricane panels here so that when it gets closer I can put up the last 4 on the bedroom window and devolve into my official hurricane season depression.

I do have plenty of computer stuff to work on, so at least there's something to hold the dementia at bay.

Well that's damn good to know !!!

But it also would have been nice if you could have waited to respond until I had my
financial backers in place and left the country !

With your luck, you'd be coming from a state that has to be 14 day quarantined when they get here.

They're pretty paranoid about this Covid mess, as being a couple of small islands, about 130,000 population total, we don't exactly have world class medical facilities.

Apparently, Puerto Rico, just 40 miles to the west isn't doing so well at containing their Covid 19 rate, so I imagine we'll be ruled by paranoia for the foreseeable future.

So pleased everyone (USA & St Croix) on here is OK, we're seeing some unreal stuff going on in different parts of your country on TV News programs. Stay Safe everyone.
Regards,

Put up the last 4 hurricane panels this morning, grabbing the little opportunities between the rain showers . . . Got gas for the generators and food in the fridge, so I guess I'm as ready as I'm gonna get.

Looks like this thing will be rolling thru this evening and over night.

Stay safe Darlene! We will keep you in our prayers!

Still getting some good sized showers and some stiff breezes here, but it's well on the wain.

As it turns out . . . it could have been much worse, it stayed slow to develop and that portion stayed south of the VI-Puerto Rico area.

Once things dry out a bit, I'll go sit in the little car, give it some hugs, and try to console it for I'm sure it's feeling abandoned.

After I give her some attention and put her new car cover on, hopefully she'll not be too disappointed in me.

Once things dry out a bit, I'll go sit in the little car, give it some hugs, and try to console it for I'm sure it's feeling abandoned.
After I give her some attention and put her new car cover on, hopefully she'll not be too disappointed in me.

Have you named her yet? Christen her with a bottle of your favorite (which you are to consume in her honor) and take a picture for us! :D

I gave her some hugs, visualized her with that shiny big block with the fancy zoomies all ready to rumble, dusted out the interior, and wondered aloud why my lawn guy's been on the lamb for a couple months, and then put her new cover on. . . .

Probably should have made some vrooom vrooom noises . . .

Haven't named her yet, just usually refer to her as "the little car".

Was thinking about "Double D's", sort of a pun for Darlene's Dementia.

Little car cr2.jpg

Little car cr4.jpg

Haven't named her yet, just usually refer to her as "the little car".Was thinking about "Double D's", sort of a pun for Darlene's Dementia.

Awesome! 'DeeDee' has a cute ring to it. And thanks for the pics. I can hear her rumbling down the road now . . . :x3:

(PS - Fire the yard man and get a goat! :laugh:)

Awesome! 'DeeDee' has a cute ring to it. And thanks for the pics. I can hear her rumbling down the road now . . . :x3:

(PS - Fire the yard man and get a goat! :laugh:)

There's a goat farm just around he corner, not a quarter mile from me that I have to drive by to leave the neighborhood.

Been hearing the intermittent droning of weed whackers most of the morning . . . . . seems it's my yard guy, but all's cone quiet for a while now . . .

I guess eventually, he'll let me know what's up.

If it's not obvious, things in the Islands can be a bit on the layed back side.

Weed whackers are fired up again . . .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back