Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

its yella

Gerry

Well after a weekends work the body is in yellow. It seems to make the rear kick look a lot taller but the body is still in need of a LOT of work
bodywork3-(16).jpg
bodywork3-(12).jpg
bodywork3-(7).jpg

At least I will be able to see what the T will look like in Yella.
Gerry

I still like the yellow looks original will stand out in a crowd that is for sure.

I still like the yellow looks original will stand out in a crowd that is for sure.

If it stays I am going to give shades away to keep people from getting custard blindness!!!!
Gerry

Yeah, like this ride would be lost in the crowd if it was any other color. This will be a case of too much is just enough. Can't wait for the finished pictures. Go Gerry go.

P.S. "looks original"? Paraphrase "it can be any color as long as it is black"

Gerry, yello as a base or guide coat? Is there "candy" yello in the paint books? Or maybe some pearl plus God knows what else over it. Definitely don't want to dull it down.

Gerry, yello as a base or guide coat? Is there "candy" yello in the paint books? Or maybe some pearl plus God knows what else over it. Definitely don't want to dull it down.
I used a color i mixed up in base coat clear coat and put 4 coats of clear on it and then 1000 grit sanded it then buffed the bejusis out of it.Never waxed it yet and the paint went on 3 years ago.Just wash and hose it off.BTW i like the look of the yeller on that body.

Looks good! ... nice job. :)

Im kinda weird like that. I really like working from a top coat for final sort out. I know its not the way the pros do it. It shows up EVERY little fault like its under a magnifying glass. plus it seems to settle evrything down for a fresh start.
Gerry

Gerry, That body seems to have extra large body bumps, memory is gone hehe CRS can't remember what they are called at the moment... Is that stock to that body? Looking good in that colour, but I know you, it will have to be wilder... But!! That body is already wild by itself... :)

Gerry, That body seems to have extra large body bumps, memory is gone hehe CRS can't remember what they are called at the moment... Is that stock to that body? Looking good in that colour, but I know you, it will have to be wilder... But!! That body is already wild by itself... :)

If you mean the 'feature line (swage lines as we call them ) then yes they do seem big to me as well. Thats why I need to rewrok them.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back